manna pro chick stick

HansNFranz

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 3, 2013
Total newbie here, just searched the forums and couldn't come up with any answers to my question. Has anyone had an experience with the Manna Pro product Chick Stick? The guy at the feed store enouraged us to buy it as a supplement to the their feed and I'm wondering any thoughts on how we should use it? Also what kind of results have people had? It says it's supposed to discourage pecking and cannibalism, yet after we gave it to them they seem to be peck each other more.

Thanks!

I got one last weekend and my chicks love it, so much that I only give it to them for a little while each day beause they won't eat or do anything else when it's in there! :lol: It was spendy too. I think I paid about eight bucks for mine. I'm not sure I would buy it again. However I was at Home Depot today and saw something similar that was supposed to be for squirrels, and much cheaper, and I'm wondering if that would be a good treat for them.

Yah, since I first posted this, I've grown much more attached to mine (as have my chicks!). Their about 7 weeks now and then can house one in a few days. It definetly keeps them busy for when their locked up in the coop and the additional nutrition seems to be helping them on cold nights.
At first I gave it to them on a temporary schedule and then would take it away, after a few days I just left it there and found that they started to self regulate. Definetly a little spendy though if their going through it constantly.

Maybe I should try leaving my chick stick in their cage...can chicks eat themselves to death? :lol: Mine will be old enough to move outside soon...maybe the extra calories will help.

Back
Top Bottom