Manna Pro..

TheRealTimShady

Crowing
12 Years
May 23, 2011
Apollo, PA
I just got 10lbs of manna pro gamebird/showbird feed 24% protien, non-medicated, amino acids and all that jazz..

just wanted to get a concensus if thats good for coturnix, i'm assuming it is, just wanted an approval :E

the birds i just got i'm not even sure what they were on, the lady i got them from said she would switch out chick feed with game seed, so no idea what they had before

Manna Pro is a good feed, and it's fine for them. The only problem I have with it is that it is almost always in 5 pound bags and you can go get a bag of Purina for a lot less than buying those 5 pound bags.

You can add some oyster shells in the food or in the dust bath for them as well.

The feed is fine for them. You can also give them live mealworms occasionally too
smile.png

You may want a feeder that won't cause them to spill the feed as well... the chick feeders work or you can get custom made feeders as well.

Quote:
Yup! The feed cost difference between 5 and 50 pounds is crazy! Unless you have some meal worms
big_smile.png

Note to Self: please negotiate a 1/4 to 1/2 tone per month rate with the feed store.

Nothing wrong with their feed, It's just to pricy for me.....Apparently the only person on earth that pays $17.59/50# for high quality GBS. You guys really need to beat your feed store up a bit, or stop shopping at the big box TSC, non-feed store!

Well, you can throw off all your clothes and run streaking out the door screaming"ITS"S JUST CHICKEN FEED!!" or you can look for a better feed store. The choice is yours
smile.png

thanks all, and yea i just ordered a feeder that clips on the ouside and goes to the inside so they can't stand in it.

also got a water feeder that kinda sits the same, like the ones you use in hampster cages

i'll check out the purina one, i think there is a feed store near me that sells it

Quote:
GO TO THE PURINA MILLS WEBSITE.... THEY HAVE A DEALER LOCATOR BUILT IN TO IT... TYPE IN YOUR ZIP CODE, HIT SEND AND IT WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH A LIST OF ALL FEALERS NEAR YOUR LOCATION... TAKE THE LIST AND AUTOMATICALLY SCRATCH OFF ALL TSC LOCATIONS THEN START CALLING WHATS LEFT.... CALLS ARE CHEAPER THAN GAS AND DONT WASTE AS MUCH TIME OR EFFORT

Quote:
GO TO THE PURINA MILLS WEBSITE.... THEY HAVE A DEALER LOCATOR BUILT IN TO IT... TYPE IN YOUR ZIP CODE, HIT SEND AND IT WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH A LIST OF ALL FEALERS NEAR YOUR LOCATION... TAKE THE LIST AND AUTOMATICALLY SCRATCH OFF ALL TSC LOCATIONS THEN START CALLING WHATS LEFT.... CALLS ARE CHEAPER THAN GAS AND DONT WASTE AS MUCH TIME OR EFFORT

That would be way to easy! You have to actually go the the store and watch a kid read the back of the bag, or let the owner tell you that everyone that raises game birds uses "Flock raiser" or what ever they have rotting in the back.

Is there some kind of web site?

Back
Top Bottom