Manure management plan

Ok. So the one neighbor Is the most likely complainer. Has this neighbor said anything to you before regarding the chickens?

is it standard practice for people to have to present manure management plans? You aren’t running a business, are you? If a business, that might change things with regards to requirements. What about the people who have 3+ dogs ... what is their manure management plan? Yes, I know dog owners would not be required to have a plan, but it’s a valid “poop” question For the authorities.

they say great fences make great neighbors. Of course, no fence for you, but a privacy screen could work!

Ok. So the one neighbor Is the most likely complainer. Has this neighbor said anything to you before regarding the chickens?

is it standard practice for people to have to present manure management plans? You aren’t running a business, are you? If a business, that might change things with regards to requirements. What about the people who have 3+ dogs ... what is their manure management plan? Yes, I know dog owners would not be required to have a plan, but it’s a valid “poop” question For the authorities.

they say great fences make great neighbors. Of course, no fence for you, but a privacy screen could work!
Yes very good questions
Nabour was My friend up untill a month ago said They liked Chickens

I hate anti-chicken neighbors.

Around here manure management is only an issue once you exceed the recommended number of animals per acre. This is even more of an issue with a stream on the property.

Good luck with this.

good point about the stream. Didn’t think about the stream as the reason for the management question. However, that may be the primary reason for their questions... keeping the manure runoff out of the stream.

Back
Top Bottom