maran eggs ???? $100.00 for 12

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by roosty, May 12, 2009.

1. roosty

roosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    Georgia
    Ok so, I just found this website. The eggs are listed for $100.00 for 12 eggs. [​IMG] Am I crazy... or is that just crazy??
    Look at the egg pictures, expecially the ones in the hay.
    Are they really worth $100.00 for 12 eggs???? [​IMG]
    http://www.mydarkeggs.com/Egg_Pics_and_Prices.html

Wanted to add...that I have no idea about these chickens so I dont know how much they would go for. This may be a fair price. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  2. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Yes, it's nuts, but as a friend of mine said about selling cars, there's a butt for every seat, if you want your price, you just have to wait it out until someone wants to pay the price.

3. 60ACRES

60ACRES Stepped in what??

Apr 8, 2009
    Long, OK
    A reasonable price for quality BCM eggs. But be careful, sometimes the "qaulity" part is what gets you. Just because they are dark eggs, doesn't mean the Marans are of quality.

*disclaimer: this statement in no way is a reflection of an opinion of the MyDarkEggs.com chickens. It is only a statement made for reference.

4. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    BCM's usually go up to $130 on ebay or more for just 6+. I dont think the price will ever go down since its been like that for almost 3 years.

5. lickskillet

lickskillet *Home of the Shoveler*

Jan 16, 2009
    Kentucky
    As far as color in those pics. you can get darker eggs for less from BYC'ers. I did. [​IMG]

6. roosty

roosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    Georgia
    well, I guess if its a fair price...its a fair price. Good for mydarkeggs.com! Hope they do well! [​IMG]
    Its a price Im not willing to pay though. [​IMG]

7. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    I wouldn't pay it. I'm entirely too willing to wait until a good deal falls into my lap, and it will.

8. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    Quote:Paying $100 bucks for a dozen eggs is just Cuckoo even if they are Marans.

9. 60ACRES

60ACRES Stepped in what??

Apr 8, 2009
    Long, OK
    But it's the only egg that James Bond has ever ordered.... The only egg that Martha Stewart will allow in her kitchen...

*you know you wish you were Martha [​IMG]

10. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    Quote:Why yes I do because I would have a whole crew to do all my prep work for so all I have to do is smile for the camera.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by