Marans eggs making me nervous

I have guinea fowl and several birds that lay very dark green or brown eggs. With the guineas it's not so much the color but the natural speckling in the eggs that makes them hard to candle.

You need an extremely bright candling light combined with a very dark room.

It takes a keen eye and a lot of patience, but it's doable. You just might have some extra eyestrain.;)

Sorry just don't like term (DRY HATCHING) as it can be very confusing for new and even experienced hatchers. As is farthest thing from being factual as you usually always add water at end for hatching/lockdown. Correct term is (DRY INCUBATION) = lower percentage of humidity around 30% for incubation period. Hatching/Lockdown = shooting for much higher % humidity up to 70% and higher in some cases in hatching/lockdown period. So just wouldn't want to confuse folks, I see it used commonly on BYC and most understand what is being meant by it but new or experienced hatchers that never heard of it can make wrong assumptions and usually do.
It was my understanding as this is how I've been doing it, I don't add any water, (Dry incubation/hatch), and when the first hatch happens the humidity automatically jumps to 70-80% due to the chick. Ive never added water. My incubation humidity is around 29-33% until then.

It was my understanding as this is how I've been doing it, I don't add any water, (Dry incubation/hatch), and when the first hatch happens the humidity automatically jumps to 70-80% due to the chick. Ive never added water. My incubation humidity is around 29-33% until then.
These parameters you get in your area is not the same for everyone. As humidity is not the same in every area/location of incubator. And need to be adjusted as needed.

Back
Top Bottom