Marans

I have one blue copper marans and she is lovely. She’s very sweet, will come visit me occasionally, and is super nice when held by me or my kids. She’s also my most vocal chicken, when she sees me coming near the coop she starts making dinosaur noises and it continues until they’ve all been let out for the day 😆 I swear she’s saying “it’s about time you got here” and then continuing to grumble about it for a few mins after being let out :) She is not hatchery stock however, I did get her from a breeder, and she’s my only Marans so I’m a small test case 😁

My blue copper maran is nice, I love her dark eggs (Some in incubator hatching tomorrow)
blu.PNG

I also have a few 1/2 maran hens.
2nz.PNG

(Her eggs, plus a NN hen's.)
Her eggs will be half, here is the rooster... he is part NN/frizzle, but he is smooth.
blua.PNG

I like him because he is not huge, or bantam, just med sized. Like a full sized hen.

I have two Marans girls, a black copper and a lavender. I bought them as started pullets from a breeder, so they did not get a lot of handling when young. They are both sweet girls, curious but not overly friendly. They are towards the top of the pecking order but not the bosses. They do lay the most gorgeous eggs!😊

Back
Top Bottom