Marans

That’s a great name! Mine is Newbell (it’s a long story haha). She’s a really sweet girl but I think she loves me mainly for the treats! When I let them all out in the morning, she makes baaak baaak noises at me until I get up and do morning treats 😆 it’s all I’m good for haha.
Thank you! That is such a beautiful name! Sounds like Paris, Thank you! That is such a beautiful name! Sounds like Paris, she’ll come over after I give the other flock members their share, and she’ll begin to beg.

Happy hens, plenty of eggs! 😆

I see a lot of other light colored birds, I love your color scheme!
Thanks :) I definitely like the blues, lavenders, splashes, and blacks…I have 19 chickens and only three are not one of those shades 😆 I’d like to diversify more in the future, the red chickens and mille Fleurs, and penciled lacings are so pretty too! Someday 😁

You guys have some gorgeous birds. I am really starting to want a Marans now…personality is good in a chicksn! ❤️

Maybe a golden cuckoo? 😍 What colors do you like best?
Thank you! She is a pretty girl! I had to look up Golden cuckoo, and I think I have to add that to my list of future chickens! What a gorgeous color!! I would say that may be my new fav color of Marans. I’ve always liked splash and mottled colors, and obviously the shades of blue/black 😆 but I’ve never seen that gold cuckoo before. I like lemon cuckoo but the darker gold is a nice contrast. 😍

I have one black copper maran who is 29 1/2 weeks old, she still has not laid any eggs. Her name is Ethel. Her flock mate is a white bird, a super blue egger. Mostly they get along but sometimes Ethel chases Esme. They like to be around me as long I don’t touch them. I also have two younger chicks that sleep in the house for now.

Attachments

• 4F32CE95-036E-4354-BF2B-966801767B74.jpeg
    4F32CE95-036E-4354-BF2B-966801767B74.jpeg
    426.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 60E0B092-D442-4E53-A415-84CA4993B5B6.jpeg
    60E0B092-D442-4E53-A415-84CA4993B5B6.jpeg
    332.7 KB · Views: 1
I have one black copper maran who is 29 1/2 weeks old, she still has not laid any eggs. Her name is Ethel. Her flock mate is a white bird, a super blue egger. Mostly they get along but sometimes Ethel chases Esme. They like to be around me as long I don’t touch them. I also have two younger chicks that sleep in the house for now.
They are both so adorable! ❤️

Back
Top Bottom