March 21 CHICKEN SWAP TSC MILFORD NH ( recycled post with new date)

Quote:
i dont need to be there for the meeting, but i will show up for the swap, is this merrimack nh? or merrimac ma? i am glad this is a go. can you pass on what you have for info for the newsletter, i am getting it done tomorrow and will be sending it out.

yep April 4th Merrimack NH.
8: 30 am till when ever.
bring what ever you want or need to sell.

Matt (Faverolle) is setting one up in his area also. got an email from him for the how tos'.
this is awesome , so many swaps so much fun!

515 Danial Webster Highway,Merrimsck NH

I am not sure exactly where Matt is but he said Western Mass which is the area I believe Robin and I were talking about. but Mass is a huge state, I will Pm him and find out for certain so we can get it in he news letter.

Last edited:
Is anyone bringing any EE's to Milford? If so, which hatchery?
smile.png

I saw that there will be some in April, so I can wait till then (and call dibs LOL) if need be.

Anyone bringing stars?
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Hi all,
I spoke to the manager from the Belchertown TSC yesterday and she was very receptive to the idea. She will be away next week but would like me to contact her the week after with all the particulars. It 's location is at the intersection of RT 21 and RT202 and is a fairly short drive off the Mass Pike.

Quote:
Hi all,
I spoke to the manager from the Belchertown TSC yesterday and she was very receptive to the idea. She will be away next week but would like me to contact her the week after with all the particulars. It 's location is at the intersection of RT 21 and RT202 and is a fairly short drive off the Mass Pike.

Robin and I have been talking about Belchertown also PM her and maybe the 2 of you can coordinate this and I can stand on the side line with guidence. { gaeamama }

I am so happy to see so many willing to jump in and get these going. they are way to much fun once they get going.

ARGGGGG 4 am this morning I am out doing major battle with a mink in the coop. armed with nothing less than a stupid broom.
I did get a few good jabs in and made him release one of the younger Laying hens.
And I think Panyloons got a few good spurings in as there is blood where there is no bodys, Panyloons had a good 4 1/2 inch spurs.

And I think the fat cat Zabrea had a hold of him at one point.
we could hear him screaming and she was sitting there with a smug look on her face
Zabrea is a known weasel killer, she has brought them to me before dead.

Lost 2 laying hens Cassis' blue cream silkie and PantyLoons (Gold lace Cochin rooster).
The One hen he had while I was trying to shove the broom handle through him isnt doing well , she is breathing funny and will likely have to be put down.
The other chickens are all stirred up and unsettled I wont be back to bed this morning anytime soon.

The 410 and the pitchfork are sitting right in a hand grab. that thing wont get another chicken from my hen house.

A couple of years ago doo no gooders released 1000's of mink from the mink farm up the road, the ones who survived exposure and starvation have learned to adapt.
I believe it was one of them this morning as it was a huge male and usually only females are large.

If you are any where near water, brook, stream, teeny tiny pond you will have mink.
as I found out this morning even though their size they can get through an amazingly tiny crack. Had I not seen it for myself I wouldnt have believed anything could have gotten through that crack.

ETA: on a good note, my chicks came in this morning, in 3 inches of yuck and snow. but only lost 1 in transit and another weak. I will get pics up in a little bit.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom