MARCH HATCH-A-LONG come join in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I couldnt wait until day 5 to candle
hmm.png
but I saw viening on some of them already
celebrate.gif

Finally, I'm in for a March hatch too. Just put some Bantam BS & S Faverolles eggs in the bator early morn. on Feb. 25th, Day 1. Rcv'd them by USPS on 24th & settled them on the counter in an egg carton till morning, air cells were all intact (thanks USPS for being gentle). They will be due March 17th, Day 21. 'hcammack shipped them to me from Maryland from his beautiful breeders, thanks Henry. Wish me luck!

Candled mine yesterday! Sadly it seems like only four are viable of the seven in the incubator, but I figure I'll leave everything in just in case. One appeared to have a blood ring, one didn't seem to have anything, one was a question mark, and the other four had embryos growing away! I'll be so happy if I get even two or three chicks.

I worked my buns off last year
bun.gif

10 and 12 hour days pretty much all year
tongue.gif

But for my efforts, someone at work recently gave me an AMEX gift card
ya.gif

So, after a year and a half, I FINALLY got an incubator
wee.gif

I just couldn't justify the expense before, because I won't be hatching many eggs at all. But the gift card made it possible for me to get one for FREE
woot.gif

11818__rcom20_02.jpg

I've got a bunch of BCM eggs tucked away in a cabinet waiting. So, I will join the March hatch in about 5 days I think. I'll have to give away all the baby roos though. I do not want any roosters.

They say this is a very good incubator for ducks too. I've been planning to put a small pond on my property for years, so maybe I will do that and hatch some baby ducks for it next year.

Last edited:
Nice bator and good luck with your hatch. I have 2 genesis bator hoping for a big bator one day. My babies are just on day 4 but seems like this hatch is dragging. I don't plan on candeling til day 7 0r 10. I have an addiction to candeling from prior hatches and hoping for a great outcome on the 30 black/blue ameracauns in the bator.

Quote:
Well, I couldn't afford it either, if it wasn't for the gifty, I would have gotten a Suro or Eco 20 or the one you have there. You have the best of the Styrafoam incubators. I hear that one works very well. I'm very fortunate to have been able to get the one I did. I don't need much capacity, but I need one that is dummy-proof
roll.png
so it's just right for me.

I'm up for a March hatch. My new homemade incubator is ready, just running it to test for temp and humidity stability. If all goes well I'm going to start a dozen Barred Rocks and a dozen Buff Orpingtons this week end.

ONE MORE WEEK!!! I candled yesterday. It looks like about half of mine are a go. Not bad considering they:
1. are my first attempt at this
2. Were shipped to me in the cold

We'll see!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom