Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Pics of the full bator.
43136_second_batch_of_eggs_3-2010_006.jpg

So Purdy!!
wink.png

43136_second_batch_of_eggs_3-2010_004.jpg

Any advice on the "overfull bator " method!! Thoughts?

Madcap, easier is relative in this situation.. to be honest someone explained it to me your way and I did not understand the concept. but i understand it the way that i explained it. so what is easy for some is not easy for others. adjectives are such sweet sorrow, and humans learn information in different ways depending on the individual.

Day 19 for me on my fav eggs. Nothing shaking, nothing pipping, nothing zipping, nothing chirping. The hockey game took my mind off things for the morning but now I am gazing at the bator every couple of minutes. oh well, not much is supposed to happen today anyways.

Spore

Aceschix
You will love those Welsummers from okiehen. Last spring, I had 12 of 12 hatch from her Welsummer eggs and 12 of 12 hatch from some mutt eggs from her also. I love the Welsummers--beautiful eggs, really nice hens, handsome roos.
I have 24 eggs in my Brinsea Eco 20 due to hatch on March 14. So far temps. are perfect and humidity is good. I'm thinking of getting out my homemade bator and getting it running right for a few days and using it for a hatcher for these eggs. Love the Brinsea, but it gets a little crowded in there with 24 chicks (fingers crossed for a repeat of last years great hatch).
clap.gif

I'm givin my Feb. hatch til Wed. to see if any of the 13 that are left hatch out, then I'm on to my 2nd bator hatch
lol.png
(collecting eggs from my chicken now).

Put around 38 eggs in this past friday. A couple faverolles, bunch of brahmas and 8 silkie eggs. The silkies I set a week ago, only 1 is growing. I think it was a butt fluff issue.
tongue.png
Last year I had to trim their butt fluff, as they were too fluffy, the rooster wasnt able to fertilize the hens. I also switched out roosters, so it will be another 2 weeks before I can start hatching more silkie eggs, so I know that they are from him.
wee.gif

Ok here we go. Just got the problems with my bator ironed out so tomorrow morning 15 Barred Rock and 15 Buff Orpington eggs are goin in. So hoping for a first day of spring hatch although that would be day 19 but close enough.
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
crossed over into day 20 and I cannot see any activity. sort of hard to see anything anyways because the egg carton they are in covers alot of their area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom