MARCH HATCH-A-LONG come join in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys! Hehee...the little "racing" stripes add character, dont they?!?

I just love baby chickies!
love.gif

Congratulations to all others with recently hatched chicks!

Set 15 eggs friday the 5th. Due friday the 26th. Has been a few months and my own orps aren't laying - yet! Daggone free loaders!! - I set orps from a gal in florida I bought off E-bay.

I'm really starting to think something is wrong... It's day twenty-two and still not a single pip. I think I've heard peeping, but I'm not 100% on that. I'm really hoping I didn't lose the four, they were growing so perfectly before lockdown and now it seems like they might not be with me.
hit.gif
I don't know why either, everything has gone well. I'm not completely giving up hope yet, but I'm starting to think something went wrong somewhere. Seeing as this will be my third hatch with no babies (the other two hatches were foiled by power outages RIGHT before hatching), it's getting discouraging.
hit.gif
I'm not going to give up, though! I'm still giving them time to come out if they're still alive, and even if they don't make it, I'll continue setting eggs until I get a good hatch.

Quote:
I hope they are just fashionably late. It's so discouraging when things go wrong for no apparent reason.

Hopefully the 3rd time is a charm for you and they start hatching.

Sending you happy hatching thoughts!

SilverPhoenix: Incubating can be frustrating, best wishes with those eggs. Please try again though, so you can enjoy the experience. I look forward to seeing that happen for you & will watch for your posts. I keep threatening to get a Silkie hen someday, they just seem to live for hatching.

I've had a lot of my Bantam Favs hatch on Day 22. Good luck with that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom