MARCH HATCH-A-LONG come join in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine are on day 19, candled last night and saw babies very close to the air sac. There is no peeping yet. My hygrometer I think is broke, its 3 years old and The highest I'm getting is 20% but there is water in the bottom and a couple of rags in the bator. So keeping the fingers crossed.
hu.gif

Quote:
Thanks! I had to laugh when I looked at the photo and could see a little head peeking out under the chick that is standing at the feeder
smile.png

crossing fingers for you, silver Phoenix.

great sadness today. Lost the black d'Uccle chick we've been fighting for. His leg (in it's bandaid rubber band sling) had strengthened and I took off the sling. He was dashing about furiously, very happy.

Gave him a bottle lid with 1/4 inch water in it. thought it was too little to drown so didn't put the marbles in it. He did.

Quote:
Thank you for the good thoughts everyone--I'm not giving up on my babies yet!

I'm so sorry to hear about your chick, monicas.
sad.png
It's so sad when those things happen, but unfortunately they do. Try not to blame yourself, I wouldn't have expected a chick to drown in that little myself... It sounds like you did the best for your chick, and gave him a good life even though it was brief.

Passing along good vibes to Silver Phoenix...and condolences to monica. I'm in agreement...I wouldn't think a chick could drown in 1/4" of water.
As for me...I got my new hatching eggs in the mail today from greenfamilyfarms and they were all intact! She does such a good job of packaging!! Thanks again, Kandace. I'm working on getting my incubator stabalized again as my bulb blew and I have to use a 40w rather than the 25w red I was using....hopefully should set them sometime later this evening. If I don't set them before 8, I'll wait until tomorrow morning. So, I'll be joining the April hatch-a-long.
Congrats to those who have fuzzy butts running around incubators and brooders! Love the pics..keep 'em coming!

I have 4 hatched and 1 fully zipped and sitting in the egg. I still have the one that pipped yesterday - late afternoon - but it's not doing anything yet. I'll give it time and see what happens. That only leaves 10 more to hatch - c'mon babies!!
bow.gif
ya.gif
jumpy.gif

I was wetting the sponges in the LG. This hatch the weather has been so much drier that auxilliary moisture became necessary. I heard a cheep! I am looking for some hatching tomorrow.

Quote:
I'm so sorry for your loss. Hatching chicks can be emotionally draining sometimes.

Best of luck to your other new babies.

Set my 10 Silver Lakenvelders today. Hatch day April 2 so will be in the APRIL HATCHALONG. Bators holding steady on temps and humidity for the test Aussies and the Speckled Sussix, due for candling and lockdown [traveling
big_smile.png
on the 20th.' on!

Congrats everyone on their hatches,
thumbsup.gif
Condolences on the disappointments!
hugs.gif
Keep on keepin' on!
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.