MARCH HATCH-A-LONG come join in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
PIPS! That's great Michael!

I don't recall when your incubator was set up, so don't know the count. We all plan with the guidelines as we see them, but "Mother Nature" is really in charge. I haven't had any pips on Day 19 yet, but there are so many factors besides counting the days that can excellerate hatch. Also, I've had hatches start & with the last egg hatching 24 hrs later. Have fun watching them zip next. Look forward to your next report!

Just in case you hadn't seen this before (it depends on what time of day you set also):
*When is day 1 (see #69 & #70) http://urbanext.illinois.edu/eggs/res32-qa.html

That's very interesting. I set the eggs at 10pm on the 9th.

Michael

Quote:
PIPS! That's great Michael!

I don't recall when your incubator was set up, so don't know the count. We all plan with the guidelines as we see them, but "Mother Nature" is really in charge. I haven't had any pips on Day 19 yet, but there are so many factors besides counting the days that can excellerate hatch. Also, I've had hatches start & with the last egg hatching 24 hrs later. Have fun watching them zip next. Look forward to your next report!

Just in case you hadn't seen this before (it depends on what time of day you set also):
*When is day 1 (see #69 & #70) http://urbanext.illinois.edu/eggs/res32-qa.html

That's very interesting. I set the eggs at 10pm on the 9th.

Michael

You've got "super" eggs! Hope to hear how fast they all make it out. Happy hatching!

I have had full hatches out on day 19, I think it has to due with the thermometer being off and the heat a little higher than normal (ie. 101.5 instead of 99.5) in my forced air LG incubator.
I know my thermometer is reading high in one spot and low in three others. So it is hard to decide which is correct.

Right PandoraTaylor! I have 3 different temp readings also in my round March incubators with the clear dome lids. Have found that eggs usually hatch best (& keep best for days 1 & on) not in the center under the fan, not on the outer rim, but in the middle of both. Also, I have picked through my temp gauges, hygrometers & bators & have marked my favorite ones to use first. I seems to take a while learning the equipment, unfortunately. It's a challenge!

46537_talajustynchickens_055.jpg

Here is my hatch.

We're at the end of day 21 here and there are no pips, peeps, rocking - NOTHING - from my 6 EE and 2 NHR/mix eggs. If none of these hatch, it will be the first 0% hatch I've ever had.
hit.gif

Day 20 today for my broody hen with 10 eggs under her. I heard some pipping so I peeked under momma and saw 3 has already hatched! (7 more to go)
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
I will try to post pics tomorrow.
celebrate.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom