MARCH HATCH-A-LONG come join in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Save the favs - Nice system you got going on for yourself
big_smile.png

* I sold 10 of my March chickies yesterday, 5 more will be leaving this week or weekend and then I'll just have the 3 I hatched out for me... My 3 pullets from Feb. hatch are our running in the big pen with my flock, they are doing great
big_smile.png

Quote:
Sounds like it's all going smooth with selling/finding homes for the xtra chicks. It's such a relief to see the "keeper" chicks mix in with the flock. Best wishes!

Signing out here & over to 'APRIL HATCH-A-LONG come join in'

Quote:
I'm a sucker for the odd iffy one too, worth a try. Wishing you luck for happy hatching!

Thanks for the good luck wish, it helped. I had a great hatch last weekend sorry for not posting earlier with the results but I've been so busy here lately trying to get the garden in, as I'm right at a month late this year because of it being too wet, anyway I do have some pics of the little pip/squeeks, just as soon as I get them downloaded I shall post them. I had 39 out of 45 hatch and so far only 3 fatalities so this hatch sure turned out a lot better than last months disaster. I started another batch last Monday so I will enter in the April hatch-a-long tomorrow evening with my 7 day candling results.

Happy hatching everbody.

catdaddy

Quote:
I'm a sucker for the odd iffy one too, worth a try. Wishing you luck for happy hatching!

Thanks for the good luck wish, it helped. I had a great hatch last weekend sorry for not posting earlier with the results but I've been so busy here lately trying to get the garden in, as I'm right at a month late this year because of it being too wet, anyway I do have some pics of the little pip/squeeks, just as soon as I get them downloaded I shall post them. I had 39 out of 45 hatch and so far only 3 fatalities so this hatch sure turned out a lot better than last months disaster. I started another batch last Monday so I will enter in the April hatch-a-long tomorrow evening with my 7 day candling results.

Happy hatching everbody.

catdaddy

So glad to hear that you & your chickies did so well. That's a good hatch! Congrats! Looking forward to the pics, please list the breeds please as I forget what may have been mentioned prior.

Yes, I feel like my garden is running late. But, like you there, it's been so rainy & hard to work in. We just got snow in the surrounding mountains & my tomato starts were left out on the porch by mistake for the night. Some are ok, but will start some more. Won't be able to plant outside till May anyway. Snow peas & other cold crops are doing well though.

See you on the April thread.

I was in for the march hatch a long but march all together went wrong. It has been a while since i have been on here. My eggs were doing great and march had so far been fine. Then Sunday the 21st my sisters place burnt down. That is where I was staying and where my bator and stuff was. The house was a complete loss I lost a few things like my bator the eggs that were one week away from hatching and some close. but my sister and her 4 year old daughter lost everything. They are also having a hard time getting back on there feet. Please pray for them Thanks.

bigchrisb1985: I am so sorry for your losses! I hope that you are all able to start to build on your lives again soon, it must be tough. So happy to hear that you, your sister & her daughter were not injured. Wishing you the best & hoping that you are able to find a way to hatch some eggs again when you can. Take care!

Last edited by a moderator:
big chris,

our thoughts are with you at this hard time. I hope your family will experience joy even in the midst of this loss.

So sorry to hear about what happened, but thankful that everyone got out unscathed. I know it may sound easy to say, but things can be replaced, lives can't, so just be thankful you have each other and know that things WILL get better
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom