Marek's got my darling bantie

Thanks Wyorp. I was more looking for advice on whether this remaining hen would have a quality of life alone, but in the house w us.

The vet diagnosed the tumors which kept her from digesting food so the tumors killed her and the sour crop was a side effect.

I have no idea how old my remaining hen is but she was below my other one in pecking order. The one I just lost was 4.

How long does it take for tumors to develop from Mareks do you know?

At this time last year, except for a wild left foot when she'd try to scratch, the chicken I just lost was just fine. She may have had tumors but I didn't know Marek's caused tumors. Most of what I read had to do with the failed legs etc.

My vet said chickens are tough and can overcome sour crop etc. But tumors causing sour crop? Nope.

Thanks Wyorp. I was more looking for advice on whether this remaining hen would have a quality of life alone, but in the house w us.

The vet diagnosed the tumors which kept her from digesting food so the tumors killed her and the sour crop was a side effect.

I have no idea how old my remaining hen is but she was below my other one in pecking order. The one I just lost was 4.

How long does it take for tumors to develop from Mareks do you know?

At this time last year, except for a wild left foot when she'd try to scratch, the chicken I just lost was just fine. She may have had tumors but I didn't know Marek's caused tumors. Most of what I read had to do with the failed legs etc.

My vet said chickens are tough and can overcome sour crop etc. But tumors causing sour crop? Nope.

There are quite a few people who have chickens in the house, so her chances of having a happy life may be pretty good. This thread is still fairly active, so you might want to check it out. I'm sure you'll receive some great tips and advice on keeping her occupied
smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/299187/people-with-house-chickens

Back
Top Bottom