Marsh Roll-X Incubator

I ignored the advice from the Lyon's sales staff (purchase a new dome for $400), instead I ordered a new thermostat from Lyon's website and it works like a champ!! .

Incubator is up and running.... eggs are in and we are on day 4... looking forward to a great hatch. =)

Setting up my Roll-x for the first time. Notice it has a finger like expansion device as an over heat protection instead of the wafer setup like the Rx-2. Got the temp set now working on the humidity
barnie.gif

Last edited:
Setting up my Roll-x for the first time. Notice it has a finger like expansion device as an over heat protection instead of the wafer setup like the Rx-2. Got the temp set now working on the humidity:barnie
As you may know that device protects the incubator not the eggs. It won't kick in until the temperature is well above normal incubation range.

I did not know that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Had trouble finding a schematic or a diagram of the Marsh Roll-x on line. After further examination of my inci and the newer Lyon Roll-x,I do see an area on the lid where a wafer switch can be mounted, just wasnt installed on this inci.( bought new in 1982) Will have to install one for sure.

I did not know that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Had trouble finding a schematic or a diagram of the Marsh Roll-x on line. After further examination of my inci and the newer Lyon Roll-x,I do see an area on the lid where a wafer switch can be mounted, just wasnt installed on this inci.( bought new in 1982)   Will have to install one for sure.
[/quote
Good idea to install a backup wafer thermostat. The electronic ones have been known to fail.

I ignored the advice from the Lyon's sales staff (purchase a new dome for $400), instead I ordered a new thermostat from Lyon's website and it works like a champ!! .

Incubator is up and running.... eggs are in and we are on day 4... looking forward to a great hatch. =)

Hi there! I realize this post is 5 years old. I too need a new thermostat but it seems the company has now gone out of business? I've tried Google searching other companies who may supply them with no luck. Any chance you would have an idea? The lyonelectric.com website no longer works😞

Back
Top Bottom