Maryland Poultry Swap and Farmers Market JUNE 16th 2012 SHARPSBURG, MD 8-2pm **SHOW CLINIC**

I'm a fan of the Cove. I and a large group of friends go camping there once or twice a year :)

I would love it if someone could hit the feed shop around Gore with our flyer
fl.gif
http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/msbear33/mpswap2012-1.jpg

We're two weeks out and still more is coming in every day. I am confident we will see more than a thousand people to the swap this year. Also, many more vendors. I would love to get someone who makes feather earrings. Anyone know someone?

New to THE LIST:

1 BQ/SQ partridge silkie pair... November 2011 hatch
Partridge and Blue Partridge silkie youngsters
2 BQ Black rosecomb pairs (have been in the breeding pens so they aren't in condition)
1 BQ Blue silkie cockerel
A quad of largefowl buff orpingtons (2 Hens, 1 cock, 1 pullet/hen hens have amzing show records such as 2010 Jr Best in Show at Frederick, MD/ also many Jr Class Champion titles)... Trio is 2 years old and pullet is 2011 hatch
Largefowl Silver laced wyndotte hen and white leghorn hen... 2 years old and still lay
2 Largefowl Blue Cochin Youngsters (one pullet and one cockerel)

3 Largefowl Black Cochin Youngsters (one pullet and two cockerels)
2 Largefowl cubalaya cockerels (black breasted red and a blue red)
5+ Largefowl Barred Rock Cockerels
licensed massage therapist will be setting up... farmer's need relaxation too!!

holland lops, mini rex, n. dwarf, new zealand, jersey wooly, lion head,
along with rabbit cages, hutches, play yards brooders,
veggie and flower plants

Last edited:
Windy Ridge Chickens adding --- 2 beautiful -8 wk. old Coronation Sussex cocks. I you are interested in any of these before the sale, pm and I'll save them for you ! if you want a picture I can send that to you also ! I'll also have a Barred Rock pullet, and lots of little chicks of mixed breeds.

Last edited:
Hi Ladyhawke, you may be out of luck on the banty lanshans. They are pretty tough to find but, everything else looks like a go. Seeya soon!

Bring coolers if you would like to take home some dinner on the 16th. A state certified poultry processor is coming and selling naturally raised, freerange birds. He'll have some frozen and some fresh. He's located on the Antietam Battlefield. Pm me for more info if anyone is looking for a processor for their personal birds. He charges something like $2 per bird and does them every Tue.

We also have black old english bantams coming, "bannies" (tiny, little muts:) , more sebbie goslings, more flower plants, homemade cookies, baked bread, silkies, ameraucanas, leghorns, white rocks and mixed breed layer pullets[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]. [/FONT]

[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]FREE testing clinic for Maryland residents this Sunday 2-4. Bring 10% of your flock UP TO ten birds from various pens. [/FONT]

[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]We're averaging 200 hits a day on the website and getting one or two calls a day. The Show Clinic has 15 or so entries as of right now and we have more vendors as of right now than last Spring (not counting those who just show up) Things are looking awesome... as usual [/FONT]
tongue2.gif

Cannot wait!
woot.gif

My testing came back and, as I already figured, my birdies are healthy! I don't really have a lot to bring, though. My daughter's teacher killed 29 of the 35 eggs I took in for her. It's not rocket science using a fully automatic incubator (minus putting water in it). She put to much water in it and drown them. They never lost any mass - the air cells were the same as an egg on day 5. I could have died. So, it looks like I will only have about 20 Ameraucana chicks instead of the 40-50 I had originally planned.

THE TESTING CLINIC TIME HAS BEEN CHANGED
It is still SUNDAY but is open two hours earlier from 10-1.

Rey, that sucks. I've had some humidity issues as well. I have all my bators and broodys to max capacity
lol.png
(about 10 of them) and I get equally as many issues with the broodys as I do with the bators so I don't feel as bad. I hatched my first peachicks this year.. so exciting. And, I have some of Tonya's wishard bronze turkeys under some hens. I have hatched about 60 black rosecombs and have another 50 or so cooking. I have about 100 mille fleur cochins out and have another 50 cooking (my goal is 250 of them)
hu.gif
And, then there's the olive eggers. I crossed Kat's awesome wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas with Tonya's wheaten marans and have another black copper roo that I crossed with wellies. WOW! Am I getting some cute stuff. The eggs this year are a deep green like an easter egger but, I'm expecting some deeper colors when these hens mature. I have about 100 of them out.

As for what I am selling... I will be selling most if not all of the olive egger chicks because Im still hatching. They range from day olds to 3 months old. I will also be selling all mille fleur cochin chicks that hatch black. I crossed to blue mille this year to improve type (again) so I have a LOT of darks. They will be extremely poofy but will be black mottled with various amounts of red in the saddle and hackle. I will also be selling a few layers that I wound up with somehow; 2 dominiques, 2 white leghorns, 2 golden comets and a delaware. I will also have 2 silver columbian roos (I could maybe make it a pair if someone were interested) I will also have a buff columbian cochin pair. These are all pet quality.

We have some pigeons coming and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a lady with lots of different exotic breeds of geese will be coming. She's calling today to get NPIP and, if that doesn't work out, may travel to the testing clinic then back up next weekend. I had a message last night about a fellow coming to the testing clinic with "layers" so I will know more about what's coming on Sunday.

I can't believe how fast this is rolling up. I have planned to double the size of the vendor area and may be using the pasture to park.. depending on how it goes. I do have 3 strapping young men to help with parking.. thank you, Jesus :)

If anyone else is available to help on game day, please message me. We need someone to assist the judge in the Show Clinic (helping people find their cages, putting cups in the cages for food and water, holding the microphone for Paul as he holds birds and discusses them, etc.)

If you haven't already, you can "like" our FB page and stay in the loop http://www.facebook.com/pages/Maryland-Poultry-Swap-Farmers-Market/131707836905457

Testing Clinic was awesome. There were 15 different breeders who came...nearly quadrupling our testing clinic size of 4 customers last Spring. They are coming with:

buff orpingtons, barred rocks, easter eggers, black sex links, blue laced wyandottes, rhode island reds (large fowl and bantams.. the bantams are so nice!), brahmas, silkies, more silkies (I saw grays, blacks, blues) , more silkies, red sex links, golden laced wyandottes, silver laced wyandottes, white rocks, lavender d'uccles, bantam partridge wyandottes, bantam cornish, red and yellow golden pheasants, lady amhurst pheasants, peafowl, LOTS of bourbon red turkey poults, seramas, blue swedish ducks, dominiques and I wish I could remember more. 5 or 6 customers just wrote "various breeds" on their forms.

We are opening up the front horse pasture for overflow parking. That might be a good place to park to avoid getting caught up in traffic if you are planning to leave early.

See y'all soon! -Erin

Back
Top Bottom