Maryland Poultry Swap and Farmers Market JUNE 16th 2012 SHARPSBURG, MD 8-2pm **SHOW CLINIC**

Thanks, it was nice of her to let me put a sweater on her in this warm weather
cool.png
I don't usually dress my chickens up but she was a good sport.

I was shocked pulling into the parking area i had trouble finding a parking place. LOL

Although I'll blame it on my wife that I was late getting there. I told her I wanted to leave at 730 and guess what.... she woke me up at 730.

Didnt get there until almost 10, and everyone that had BLW here already sold out. Still had a great time walking around, chatting and looking.

I had no idea that some of the game fowl were so tiny. LOL

if anyone has some BLW hidden some where id love to have a few :)

We will have some in about 6 wks. I like to let them develop enough, so that I am not selling folks roos ! Here is our number if you are still interested in the future. 301-797-7520. Windy Ridge Chickens -- NPIP certified. Located in Hagerstown, about 5 min. from the PA. line. These chicks are from the Foley line.

I'm glad everyone had a great time. I am still getting emails everyday with "thank you's" and folks being added to the mailing list. Our article in the paper reached a lot of people, I think.

We were ready to open up the pasture for extra parking but, it started dieing down around 10:30.. though we did get some crazy traffic reports around that time from shoppers trying to get in or leave. My good friend Kim took it upon herself to get out of her vehicle and direct traffic for about a half hour and the Fire Dept. brought us cones. We will definitely have to open up the pasture next year and offer an Entrance and Exit. Turning right on Mondell Rd. will take you toward Hagerstown and I70 and I81. I think signs letting people know that they can go right will help as well.

To those of you who took a liking to our turkeys: One of our turkey hens went missing in the days that followed. We were scouring the bushes looking for her nest when we began hearing reports of her escapades in town. We assume maybe the crowd freaked her out or she just went out by the road and couldn't get back in through the fence and made her way into town. I was very worried about her these passed two hot days but, did get the call last night that she was roosting on a friend's roof! We grabbed the net and an extension ladder and she just sat there while Kerry walked up and grabbed her. She almost went to sleep on my lap in the truck and drank a ton of water when she got home. I hope she's had enough of the fast lane for now:) Shew!

We're thinking Sept. 22nd will be the fall swap date. Im kind of testing the waters to see how many folks can make it. I cannot do it the 15th as our field will be used as a parking lot for the town's heritage festival and, to avoid losing another cutting of hay like I did in the Spring, I need to keep these two events close together and bale it right before. ...so, if not the 22nd, then it will have to be the 8th. Let me know what everyone's thinking. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom