MARYLAND THREAD!

Hello - we sadly lost our three layers last night to a predator. :( Anyone here near Montgomery or Howard counties selling laying hens??

So sorry for your loss. There is a poultry swap coming up at Greenhill Farm in Sharpsburg this month. If you attend go early for the best selection. I don't know how to post a link from my phone but if you Google Maryland Poultry Swap Sharpsburg it should come up.

Hi everyone!

I am in the Maryland area. I know this may be a weird question but I thought I would ask. I know someone in another state who was able to purchase some laying chickens but they are kept at a farm that raises chickens. She provides the feed, and I am not sure about any fees. I was wondering if there any places that do that here? Where I am at now, I don't have the ability to raise the chickens myself. I thought it would be a fun thing for my daughter to be involved in as well. I guess it's kind of like house boarding but for chickens. It would only be for 2 or 3 chickens or so. If you could point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Hi Renee,

I see you are in baltimore county. Check out the Baltimore Free Farm and see what you think. They are a community garden. They have rabbits and chickens there too. http://www.baltimorefreefarm.org/

-Annette

Hello - we sadly lost our three layers last night to a predator. :( Anyone here near Montgomery or Howard counties selling laying hens??

Hi! Very sorry for your loss! See if you can get in touch with DCchicken. He sometimes has a few extra laying hens or chicks or may be able to point you in the right direction. The swap is a good place as well but know your buyer. You might be able to arrange for meeting up and getting your new pullet there.

Come spring I will be looking for hatching eggs. I want to do an Easter hatch. Problem is I have a hard time finding them in the Annapolis area and when I do the prices are usually pretty high even for mixed breeds. Is there anyone here that would have fertile eggs that I can purchase in time for an Easter hatch that isn't too far from Annapolis? They can be mixed or pure but really not trying to pay a lot. I can't keep the chicks due to city regulations(I know we are allowed two) and hubby said no(we have dogs and cats aplenty) so I usually either find them homes or I can even give back what hatches if you like. Just really enjoy doing this with my daughter even when a hard decision has to be made. Anyone?

Hi DCat... I am here in Severna Park, but nothing fertile here as we cannot have Roosters... I am sorry hubby won't jump on board with a couple of chickens... Keep working on him... Go in and talk to the Gambrills General Store folks... they may know of someone.

Come spring I will be looking for hatching eggs. I want to do an Easter hatch. Problem is I have a hard time finding them in the Annapolis area and when I do the prices are usually pretty high even for mixed breeds. Is there anyone here that would have fertile eggs that I can purchase in time for an Easter hatch that isn't too far from Annapolis? They can be mixed or pure but really not trying to pay a lot. I can't keep the chicks due to city regulations(I know we are allowed two) and hubby said no(we have dogs and cats aplenty) so I usually either find them homes or I can even give back what hatches if you like. Just really enjoy doing this with my daughter even when a hard decision has to be made. Anyone?
I think you will find that most breeders no longer sell during Easter or the weeks leading up to it.

Back
Top Bottom