MARYLAND THREAD!

I posted this about 1 week ago but wanted to refresh: Free rabbits in baltimore, md

I am condensing my father's farm down (after he lost his battle with cancer) and I am giving his rabbits away for free. There is currently 1 older adult male, 1 adult female, 2 males (about 2 months old), and 3 newborns (approx. 2 weeks old...dont know sexes yet...mom would have to go with these small guys).

mom bunny

2 month old males...still young

newborns (at least 2 weeks bc eyes are open)

I have posted these guys before but they really need homes. Me and my husband will have to move soon. Even if you don't raise meat rabbits, they make good pets (Me and my husband adopted one of 2 mth old rabbits & she's already litter box trained thanks to our cat. lol). They are all free and this was also posted in the free rehoming section as well.

ps.-I trust this website (I've met people off here before) so im listing my contact info. I'll be home today and then tuesday.
Heather

Thought I posted here but guess I didn't. I have a gorgeous 4.5 month old male olive egger from a well known farm that needs a new home (and not the stew pot!)

Newsflash! He was adopted to a wonderful farm with a lonely hen!

Newsflash! He was adopted to a wonderful farm with a lonely hen![/quote].

So glad to hear he found a new home! He is luckier than most roosters.

Greetings from Allegany County! Are there any fellow Western Marylanders in here? I'd search myself but 170 pages is a lot to go through XD

I'm originally from Arnold, a small town wedged between Annapolist and Severna Park (Anne Arundel County). I moved out to Western MD four years ago for college and have been here ever since. No one (as far as I knew anyway) had chickens in Arnold, but with so many people keeping chickens out here in the mountains, I couldn't help but jump on the bandwagon last year and got my first two RIR hens. They're still the only chicks I have until I have a bigger home and yard and can provide them a bigger coop, but I look forward to a life with chickens where ever I may end up.

Hey there... I am in Severna Park and went to school at Frostburg many moons ago... Do you plan on staying out there, or moving back this way? I think you are going to be so happy with your chickies... where did you get them?

Hello werm, nice to meet someone from my old neck of the woods! Frostburg is where I graduated from last December and honestly, I have no idea what I'm doing next with my life. Sort of stuck in that, love-western-maryland-but-no-jobs-and-poor-income and great-opportunities-around-the-country-but-will-feel-guilty-dragging-boyfriend-around-and-dont-really-want-to-leave-family-anyway state of mind. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place trying to decide if I want to, or if it's worth it, to move somewhere to pursue a Master's degree. I'm quite content here in the mountains, but it's tough not being able to find a permanent job and knowing there's opportunities elsewhere. Our current plan is to buy a cheap house out here (we're still renting close too the college, and I'm tired of living in a basement under my landlord and shoveling out money for rent) until we do make an actual decision. If it wasn't for the whole seasonal/contractual job thing, life out here would be fantastic.

But yes, I love having my chickens and I can't wait to have an even bigger yard so that I can build a huge run and coop for an entire flock. They're definitely as entertaining as they are a source of breakfast. So do you have chicks there in Severna Park? I figured most towns/cities down that way probably aren't zoned for chickens (not that it stops anyone!). My grandmother used to live in Severna Park and her yard was definitely adequately sized for chickens, as were most lots in her community, so I'm sure you at least have a good yard for them! Has anyone ever given you any trouble about them?

I'm right outside of Annapolis and I know that if you are "in town", you can have two barnyard fowl. No roosters though to keep the neighbors happy. There was a man who lived a few blocks from me and he had two chickens for years and I had the chance to talk to him about it one day.

I have almost an acre and I am allowed to have up to 28 chickens, I have 4. I only have one neighbor and back up to North Severna Park Community pool. My neighbor had chickens as a kid and he loves the idea of us having them. The problem around here are the community covenants. I don't belong to a community, so no worries there...

My 2 cents on the career is as follows... get a job in your area of study now so that you don't end up with a large chunk of time unaccounted for... people don't like to hire someone who isn't excited to get to work right out of college in their major... Even if it means a commute or a move... Off my soapbox now... just my opinion.

Enjoy your chicks!!!

That's awesome you can home so many Werm, I don't know what I'd do with 28 chickens though! Do any of you know a reliable source of information on how to find out about local poultry keeping laws? I believe I read something at some point that made it sound like within my city limits you're not supposed to have them at all. But then, that's just how I interpreted it. I can't evening remember what I was looking at when found that information. It got to a point where I was go genuinely confused that I just said to myself if the city didn't want me to have chickens, they should have made the rules more clear. This "city" is located in a 90% rural county anyway and with a city population of less than 3,000 (more when college is in), who really cares anyway. All my neighbors think they're cute and as long as neighbors don't complain about them, I don't even know how the city (or anyone else for that matter) would know I have chickens.

Hey everyone I am trying to rehome two free silkie roosters. Both are about 6 months old and one is a paint and the other is black. They are both nice and love people.
They found new homes!11/18/14
Thanks!
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom