MARYLAND THREAD!

He is going to enjoy that. You got a nice incubator. What are you hatching? I almost went that route for the dark line Marans eggs, but my younger son wanted a "white" chicken lol ,and we are only supposedto have hens here anyway. So we are getting an assortment of hatchey Marans chicks from Meyer and are going to get rid of the extras locally.

He is going to enjoy that. You got a nice incubator. What are you hatching? I almost went that route for the dark line Marans eggs, but my younger son wanted a "white" chicken lol ,and we are only supposedto have hens here anyway. So we are getting an assortment of hatchey Marans chicks from Meyer and are going to get rid of the extras locally.
He is super excited and ready. He has Blue Copper Marans, Welsummers, Swedish Flower Hens, Sulmtalers,Lavender Ameraucanas, Olive Eggers,and Cream Legbars. I think that there is an all white Marans. I think thatbthey are extremely rare.

We would really be dooped if we could not have roos. We will have plenty for next years hatch and freezer.

Wow, that is a fancy assortment of hatching eggs. I had 30+ different breeds chickens growing up and thought this would be a good experience for the kids even if we can only have hens (we are not zoned ag).

I saw the "White Marans", but that reminds me too much of the factory chicken (leghorn) image. My son has his mind set on a blue splash Marans hen to be named Marie Antoinette, lol.

I don't think the freezer would go over well here, crabs crawling out of the pot were the last straw; hence, I thought the egg part would be a good learning experience.

Hi md peeps, anyone on here have blue hatching eggs and dark chocolate? Trying to spice up the bator for next week's set for my son's class....3 or 4 of each will do. So hard to find a Blue egg around here

Wow, that is a fancy assortment of hatching eggs. I had 30+ different breeds chickens growing up and thought this would be a good experience for the kids even if we can only have hens (we are not zoned ag).

I saw the "White Marans", but that reminds me too much of the factory chicken (leghorn) image. My son has his mind set on a blue splash Marans hen to be named Marie Antoinette, lol.

I don't think the freezer would go over well here, crabs crawling out of the pot were the last straw; hence, I thought the egg part would be a good learning experience.
I do not do white birds either. Same reason. Too cute and hilarious about the name.

Anyone know of any decent Marans breeders on the east side of Maryland, or even in PA in the same general area? Looking to add 2-3 hens to my 3 Ameraucanas hens. The only farm that I know of here is Whitmore but they won't have any for sale until end of March at best and I was hoping to get them sooner, but even so, anyone know any other options?

Also, I don't think it matters which Maran it is besides not being the all white ones. My wife loves the dark eggs, so if one is better laying the darker I would be happy for that information. Saw a little chat here about Marans, but I think that was more KurtG getting set up, not selling them.

Thanks for the help :)

Last edited:
Hi md peeps, anyone on here have blue hatching eggs and dark chocolate? Trying to spice up the bator for next week's set for my son's class....3 or 4 of each will do. So hard to find a Blue egg around here

The birds you are looking for are Ameraucana for the blues and Marans for the dark chocolate. There might be some other dark chocolate ones, but I am not sure. The blues are Ameraucana for sure, but you can go for Easter Eggers if you want. They tend to be half Ameraucana and half something else. Thing is, you don't know what the other half is and the eggs might be blue, green or even pink depending on the other half and natural pigment. I love my Ameraucanas, and their eggs are each different shades of blue, SO pretty.

Anyone know of any decent Marans breeders on the east side of Maryland, or even in PA in the same general area? Looking to add 2-3 hens to my 3 Ameraucanas hens. The only farm that I know of here is Whitmore but they won't have any for sale until end of March at best and I was hoping to get them sooner, but even so, anyone know any other options?

Also, I don't think it matters which Maran it is besides not being the all white ones. My wife loves the dark eggs, so if one is better laying the darker I would be happy for that information. Saw a little chat here about Marans, but I think that was more KurtG getting set up, not selling them.

Thanks for the help :)

Depends where you are in MD, but I have Marans chicks up here in Pottstown, PA. My stock originally came from Whitmore, and I have their Welsummers too. PM me if you think it's a workable trip.

Idk howbcloae you are to me, but I know someone who ships from NC. If you order today they may ship the eggs tomorrow. They shipped my order on a Monday and I got it on a Wednesday. Coastlinepoultry.com There is also an option to order a dozen for educational purposes. I purchased it for my 4Hers. Free shipping on bulk orders like these.

Last edited:
Idk howbcloae you are to me, but I know someone who ships from NC. If you order today they may ship the eggs tomorrow. They shipped my order on a Monday and I got it on a Wednesday. Coast line poultry.com

Thank you for the info :). I think we will go with dheltzel since he is close enough to drive to from here, but still, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom