MARYLAND THREAD!

Pics
Don't know if I posted to the "official thread". I'm in Harford County, had chickens for about a year, and the raccoons have found us! Working to make the coop more secure after several losses. I have a Speckled Sussex hen (had 2 till last night
sad.png
) and 2 new red sex-link pullets. I'd love a bigger (and more secure) coop, for about 10-15 hens.

We are in southern Frederick county Maryland, hot 4 chicks in mR h. 2 Easter eggers and 2 white rocks. It's so much fun. Any Frederick county chicken lovers out there? We are trying to figure when these crazy hens will lay their first eggs.
wink.png

Has anyone from Maryland filled out the Maryland Poultry Registration form and what happened after it was filled out. Did anyone come to your home. What if you have more chickys than allowed? Not sure what to do. I live in Carroll County and know how many I am supposed to have. LOL

Karen

I've filled out that form every year for 3 years and have never had anybody come to my house. They eventually send back a registration paper and once in a blue moon I might get some kind of correspondence from them regarding something they think I should know about like some sort of reported illness or something.

I think it's a good thing to be registered but then again I'm not breaking any county laws. Don't know how they might handle that.

Just wanted to stop in and say hello. I'm in Anne Arundel county (Glen Burnie) and I have 4 hens right now. They are 20 weeks old and I love raising them! It's really nice to other other people from Maryland that love chickens too!

im in wicomico county maryland little town called wango i filled the Maryland Poultry Registration just to be legal . i dont think its a bad thing they keep you informed if there is a disease break out that might concern your farm.we have from 200 to 300 chickens. no body has ever been around to check me out.

Quote:
Not quite true!!!
roll.png
Of course, you gave me the grand tour yourself, so I guess you know that, huh?!?!?

My chickies are giving me eggs now! Yay!

How are the peanuts? Have they become supper yet? Thanks again for helping me out with them...

Still up for a beer?
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom