MARYLAND THREAD!

Pics
Hello all,

I am thinking of ordering chicks from Whitmore farm (www.whitmorefarm.com) but they have a 6 chick minimum for on farm pick up and I only have coop space left for 2-3 max. Would anyone be interested in splitting an order? I could place and pay for the order, do the on farm pick up, and then meet you at a mutually agreeable time and place where you would get your part of the order and reimburse me for whatever I paid Whitmore for them. I live in Western Howard County, MD and work in Montgomery County, MD.

Anna Lee 

I would totally be interested in a few welsummers or Delawares. I'm so sad I'm in southern York county, pa/north harford county md.... grrrr.

Anna Lee,
If yo have space for 2 or 3 adult birds you can take 6 Welsummer chicks, brood them and then introduce to coop. You could wean the existing flock or sell the extra Welsummers, keeping the best.
Does that help?

Thanks, that is a good idea for most people. I fear we would be too attached to part with them after raising them from chicks to adults. If I don't find someone to split an order with eventually then maybe I wait until there's room for all 6. Another coop would be a perfect birthday/anniversary/ Christmas present.

XD YAY! I finally found a Maryland thread! I live in Clinton right near southern MD. I don't have any birds yet but I'm looking to get some ducks this year and maybe chickens next year? I'm still not sure I USED to live in a mostly farm area but now a lot of the farmers are selling their land and there are houses everywhere :(. I wouldn't mind but some of the neighbors are acting like we live in the CITY and not the country sheesh its a cat people not a cougar, lol. Do any of you know where the farmers markets are or sell eggs etc?

Back
Top Bottom