MARYLAND THREAD!

Pics
No I want good ones, and I could buy some nice ones but I would hate to spend a lot and have the fox come and eat them
sad.png
I could set up something I guess.. but still...I saw some pet quality calls (I'm starting to doubt they were calls) at a reptile show and they were as big or bigger then mallards! I'm just gonna buy some eggs from here or ebay. I definitely will not use efowl.

Sounds like a plan... Post pics when you hatch some. I'm gonna be posting pics everywhere when I get mine. It's my first foray into the duck world. DH is building an enclosure(were collecting supplies right now) and we're putting a pond in it, a duck hut made to look like a little red barn, and nature scaping. Thank goodness we have a friend that does this for a living, so pond supplies and plants won't be so expensive. He has a lot of what we'll need just laying around. COME ON SPRING!!

No I want good ones, and I could buy some nice ones but I would hate to spend a lot and have the fox come and eat them
sad.png
I could set up something I guess.. but still...I saw some pet quality calls (I'm starting to doubt they were calls) at a reptile show and they were as big or bigger then mallards! I'm just gonna buy some eggs from here or ebay. I definitely will not use efowl.

Smart not to use eFowl.
old.gif

Here are some pics of my Butters:

Cute, cute, cute.

Do any of you have Blue Swedish ducks? It appears we have 2 boys. I wanted some duck eggs for baking, and I love this breed. I could do ducklings or hatch eggs. I don't try with shipped eggs though; I can't get them to hatch. But I travel most of the state and can probably meet you somewhere to pick up eggs.

Don't want to order hatchery ducklings, even though the parents of the ones I have originated at Murray McMurray.

I have an incubator. But I have learned that my PO kills eggs. I have hatched many eggs -- I hatched our ducks even -- but if the eggs go through the mail, they won't hatch. I spend an easy $300 on shipped eggs and have 3 chickens from that. But local eggs I transport...always hatch. Very frustrating.

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about swaps and meets that are coming up. Also if you could point me to the right direction on where to find these.thanks.

Back
Top Bottom