MARYLAND THREAD!

Pics
You may have a subdivision covenant in Port Republic that prohibits fowl, but not a County restriction.
Only the incorporated city of Chesapeake Beach prohibits fowl in Calvert County.

No, it's definitely the county. Anything less than 3 acres=no chickens. But that won't be stopping me. I've lived in this county my whole life (27 years) and my grandparents who have also lived here their whole lives raised meat birds every year

-__ - I think these new zoning laws are absolutely ridiculous, I never understand all these people who move to MD who have a problem with animals I swear it makes no sense!

Hello,

I am new here at I am looking for a place to get some baby chicks fr my daughter and I. I live on the Eastern Shore near Denton on about 10 acres and am interested in probably 6-8 girls for eggs. I have been reading here for a couple of months and I am thinking RIR's should fit the bill pretty good. I can go to the local TSC in Dover DE to get some chicks but is that the best place? I would love to buy from someone local if anyone has any suggestions.

I plan on building a stand alone coop and run to protect them and would let them free range while we are home.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

The hard part about buying from someone local is they are not going to be able to guarantee hens more than likley on RIR, unless it a sex link cross. I know the Middletown, DE TSC had Red Pullets last week which were assorted Red-sex link and possible sexed RIR. Then again if you feel you may have some predators a rooster isn't a bad thing.

Good luck and hope your daughter enjoys them.

Back
Top Bottom