MARYLAND THREAD!

Thanks for the info Deb B- I guess I will have to call the county- I don't live in a development or subdivision but and not on 3 acres so hopefully I can have chickens! I am only interested in hens and no roosters.

Does anyone else live in southern Calvert that live on smaller pieces of property that have chickens!!?

Western MD here. I am looking for about a dozen muscovy hatchlings. I would go an hour from Cumberland in any direction, or the weekend of April 11 I would meet anyone somewhere along I70 from here to Baltimore. Anyone able to help me out?

Lol woohoo! Hi.

I may have found some near Romney. A little farther than I want to drive, but they are adults so I would have eggs sooner. Still deciding.

@ Deb- This is most ridiculous thing I have heard! Do you know anyone that has done the appeals process to have this 3 acre rule waived for them??

@ Deb- This is most ridiculous thing I have heard! Do you know anyone that has done the appeals process to have this 3 acre rule waived for them??
I've know of a few that have tried it. I think a few have been successful, but it depends on the situation. There is some movement to get them to change it to 1 acre (which it was until around 2007 in CalCo), but I live on 3 acres, so I haven't really kept up with that.

Lol woohoo! Hi.

I may have found some near Romney. A little farther than I want to drive, but they are adults so I would have eggs sooner. Still deciding.

I wonder if its the same place I got a couple chicks from a couple weeks ago... Past Fort Ashby a little way

@ Deb-  This is most ridiculous thing I have heard!  Do you know anyone that has done the appeals process to have this 3 acre rule waived for them??
I do. A friend of mine lives in a subdivision in Calvert and got it waived because her husband has MS and the chickens are like therapy for him...he loves to go out and look after them. His health is failing, but the birds are keeping him going. But it was a tough road, and for a while, they didn't think they were going to get a waiver. They are not easy to come by.

I am officially a poultry tester!!! Still waiting for my leg bands to come in then I have to test my birds. I can do Howard, Carroll and Frederick county within a reasonable distance to Mount Airy.

Back
Top Bottom