MARYLAND THREAD!

I am officially a poultry tester!!! Still waiting for my leg bands to come in then I have to test my birds. I can do Howard, Carroll and Frederick county within a reasonable distance to Mount Airy.
Yay! I was trying to get into our cpt course here in pa this spring but missed the deadline to register and it filled up fast lol Congrats!

Hello! What part of Harford County?
Not sure who this is directed to but I'm on the other side of harford county (right near Whiteford/Bel air etc)

Hi Marylanders! Harford county here. New to raising chickens.picked up my eight babies on sunday!! So excites to get started. Will be building my own coop here shortly
howdy Doody! Welcome to Byc! Post pics! We love em ^^ I'm in Southern York County, PA but right on the md line to harford. Good luck!

Second time in one day she has decided to escape the bin. She will be my problem child I think haha

Last edited:
Looking for dark egg layers in southern MD....marans, welsumers,etc.

Anyone know of anything?
I will begin selling my Birchen Marans in about a month. I am in Upper Marlboro. Just send me a PM. If you want them sooner than that, some of my former customers are probably already selling them on Craigslist.

If you want Welsumers, Whitmore Farms has some of the best, but is up in Frederick.

{"Soon-To-Be" Ann Arundle County In the House}

SHELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just joined the forum yesterday - I have been trying to pace myself on learning about being a propper backyard chicken keeper BECAUSE if I find out too much I am going to want to BUY HENS NOW!!! I am a serious first-timer lol I am in the process of purchasing a home for the FIRST-TIME and it just seems perfect to have a beautiful coop with 3 delightful beautiful hens; althugh I have never seen a live chiken up close and personal & I get queezy when I see any type of bird poo .... Still this feels like the natural thing to do!

I am very interested in going to a day class about raising chickes, if you know of any in our area. I would love an invite ;-) to a local farm to meet and speak with a pro at this (yes, I just invited myself to your house ha!). I have had some great suggestions on my Introduction Thread about poltury shows, I am a show dog person so I would totally be down with attending a proper chicken show. I am only getting 3 hens so I would like to pick the exact kind I would really like and speak to people who could best advise me on how to keep them happy and healthy.

I am so excited to be here! Thank you in advance for all of your help <3

{"Soon-To-Be" Ann Arundle County In the House}

SHELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just joined the forum yesterday - I have been trying to pace myself on learning about being a propper backyard chicken keeper BECAUSE if I find out too much I am going to want to BUY HENS NOW!!! I am a serious first-timer lol I am in the process of purchasing a home for the FIRST-TIME and it just seems perfect to have a beautiful coop with 3 delightful beautiful hens; althugh I have never seen a live chiken up close and personal & I get queezy when I see any type of bird poo .... Still this feels like the natural thing to do!

I am very interested in going to a day class about raising chickes, if you know of any in our area. I would love an invite ;-) to a local farm to meet and speak with a pro at this (yes, I just invited myself to your house ha!). I have had some great suggestions on my Introduction Thread about poltury shows, I am a show dog person so I would totally be down with attending a proper chicken show. I am only getting 3 hens so I would like to pick the exact kind I would really like and speak to people who could best advise me on how to keep them happy and healthy.

I am so excited to be here! Thank you in advance for all of your help <3

Welcome!!!! Glad your here! All I can say is build a BIG coop. I stated with only 3 chickens. Perfect size flock for a back yard. Within a year, I had over a dozen chickens, a Tom turkey and 4 Sebastopol geese. Now..... 5 years later....... I have all of that and more plus currently hatching 8 dozen chickens in the two bators I bought in my first year.... It becomes an addiction. A great one in my opinion.... Most of all enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom