MARYLAND THREAD!

How did I miss a wind advisory for the bridge? I'm right outside of Annapolis you would think I would have heard, or maybe not, if I hadn't had my coffee yet, LOL.

I just checked and its a red flag warning until 8pm for strong winds. I'm not close to it, so didn't know until they rescheduled my delivery this morning.

Glen Burnie Maryland
smile.png
just got our first beautiful hens today!
Enjoy them. How old are they?

no
sad.png
there was wind advisory on the bay bridge so they could not get across to deliver today, keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow. I was sooo ready. What kind of incubator do you use?

oh no. I'm sorry. I know you were excited to get it. I use 2 HovaBator 1588's. I try to use one as a bator and one for a hatcher. Doesn't always work out that way though. Just found a local guy that is selling peafowl for $5 an egg. hhhhmmmmm never hatched that before. Not sure what I will do with it if I had a successful hatch. Wouldn't know how much to sell it for and prolly wouldn't want to give that away. decisions decisions.....

While we are seeking items... I am looking for a young turkey that won't cost me an arm and a leg. Does anyone have a good source for turkeys in southern Maryland (Charles, PG, St. Mary's, Calvert areas)?

Do you know where the Amish Market in Charlotte Hall is? I found some there last year for $11. They were about 8 weeks old for that price. If you don't see any there, ask them. Also, the amish at the library market at RT 6. Sorry, that's all I know. Good luck.

Amelia Earhardt - Production Red
Eleanor Roosevelt - ISA brown
Jackie Kennedy - ISA brown
Harriet Tubman - black sex link
Rosa Parks - black sex link

The kids get a lesson with animals and with history :)

oh no. I'm sorry. I know you were excited to get it. I use 2 HovaBator 1588's. I try to use one as a bator and one for a hatcher. Doesn't always work out that way though. Just found a local guy that is selling peafowl for $5 an egg. hhhhmmmmm never hatched that before. Not sure what I will do with it if I had a successful hatch. Wouldn't know how much to sell it for and prolly wouldn't want to give that away. decisions decisions.....
Peafowl!! now that's interesting would love a pair just for the beauty. Let me know if you hatch them and off course pics would be very interesting. Mmmh! Wondering if they make a lot of noise.

Peafowl!! now that's interesting would love a pair just for the beauty. Let me know if you hatch them and off course pics would be very interesting. Mmmh! Wondering if they make a lot of noise.

Oh yes they make a lot of noise. Weird noises too, like a woman screaming. Go checkout some videos on Youtube before you commit to keeping them. But they are beautiful and fun to have as pets. Not low maintenance and definitely not quite and unassuming.

We have peas, turkeys, guineas and chickens. They are all quite loud with different voices. I like most of the sounds, but the guineas are a bit grating at times, and the only ones that seem to know they are annoying and enjoy it.

Do you know where the Amish Market in Charlotte Hall is? I found some there last year for $11. They were about 8 weeks old for that price. If you don't see any there, ask them. Also, the amish at the library market at RT 6.  Sorry, that's all I know. Good luck.

Yes... I have a few Amish friends, but prices seem higher than normal. I saw one go for 43 at auction... At 6 months!

Back
Top Bottom