MARYLAND THREAD!

Lisa-thanks for the ducklings! They are doing great living in our garden with a little pond I made them! We just adore them. My daughter named, them Anna and Elsa, she's convinced they're girls lol

Lisa-thanks for the ducklings! They are doing great living in our garden with a little pond I made them! We just adore them. My daughter named, them Anna and Elsa, she's convinced they're girls lol

you are sooooo welcome. Can you believe it, hubby got to feeling some kind of way when I told him that I gave away his ducks. hahahahahahahaahahh. I mean, poor guy. I feel bad now. (NOT)
Im the one who takes care of all the animals. I told him to build a make shift pond and I will get him some more ducks.

He came home today with a tub! like a people tub... for a bathroom... for a person and wants to use that as a pond IN MY YARD. With water, in the yard, outside, a tub in the yard. WHAT??!! I DO NOT WANT A TUB IN MY YARD.. the music to Sanford and Sons is stuck in my head cuz that's what I was humming when he told me he was gonna use a tub... in my yard.

I will say, I like the concept. Maybe, I can camouflage it with some landscaping. He said he would dig it into the hill side and when it needs to be cleaned I can turn a valve and drain it. (like a real tub) he will have a valve and pipes to drain the water. That will be so much easier than lifting any pool to empty it or any sort of pump. I have to give him his props for that one. He must really want ducks. So, I'm on the lookout for some eggs.

you are sooooo welcome. Can you believe it, hubby got to feeling some kind of way when I told him that I gave away his ducks. hahahahahahahaahahh. I mean, poor guy. I feel bad now. (NOT)
Im the one who takes care of all the animals. I told him to build a make shift pond and I will get him some more ducks.

He came home today with a tub! like a people tub... for a bathroom... for a person and wants to use that as a pond IN MY YARD. With water, in the yard, outside, a tub in the yard. WHAT??!! I DO NOT WANT A TUB IN MY YARD.. the music to Sanford and Sons is stuck in my head cuz that's what I was humming when he told me he was gonna use a tub... in my yard.

I will say, I like the concept. Maybe, I can camouflage it with some landscaping. He said he would dig it into the hill side and when it needs to be cleaned I can turn a valve and drain it. (like a real tub) he will have a valve and pipes to drain the water. That will be so much easier than lifting any pool to empty it or any sort of pump. I have to give him his props for that one. He must really want ducks. So, I'm on the lookout for some eggs.
My dad sunk an old tub in our yard when I was a kid. We landscaped it and built a rock waterfall on one end with an underwater pump and some rocks. It held goldfish and a few underwater plants for a while. Sounds kinda bad, but it actually looked nice!

Anybody have Barred Rock hatching eggs available? Since my eggs in the bator are going into lockdown tomorrow, I'm starting to plan my next hatch! I would prefer someplace I can drive and pick them up rather than have them shipped. Thanks!

Pekin, Muscovy or Rouen, I have a pond that's getting overgrown with algae I read that some eat it.

Someone on one of my Facebook groups just posted that they had Pekin and Muscovy ducklings. I think they were in Delaware somewhere. I can get you the info if you'd like.

Ok, Lisa now that I have calmed down from laughing...I have tears running down my cheeks from laughing at this
lau.gif
I've got to give your hubby five for that, You didn't explain what entailed a makeshift pond.. My Hubby had a laugh too.. though he said it made sense the tub for ducks LOL
When u are done with the camouflage pics.. by the way still waiting for pics of u know what..

Lisa, okay, now that I have stopped laughing. .. This project will need photos! And I can't get it out of my head that he needs to install underwater lighting, a waterfall and possibly a shower fixture for rain effects.I gave also seen a duck slide with recirculating water going down the artificial grass carpet into the pond. :D There are underwater led lights that are battery operated and can be color changing. I got some from a garden place for my dd's wedding. Gotta love a guy that thinks outside of the box. Draining it will be easier than a baby pool! So how about some photos?

you guys wont believe this... I TOOK PICTURES... then couldn't find the cord to my camera to put them on the computer. My phone is a piece of poop so I cant send them to the site. Soooooo. I'm back to square one. hhmmm

Quick update on the bathtub pond. I set it down my the goose house. I spent most of the day getting used to the idea. I even googled some images. The husband called right as I was ready to jump on board with the idea... you guys will never EVER guess what he has in store for his ducks. You know, the ones I have to replace.... a **** toilet. "Well, they need a comfy nest. Don't they?' This clown wants a toilet for a nest, a bathtub for a shower.... If he comes up with an idea for a sink, I'm gonna make him sleep with them, Sorry guys, I draw the line at the toilet No way Jose.

On a better note. I will admit some of the bathtub ponds I saw were really amazing. I'm actually a little excited to get it started. There is a crack in it so I will get some fiberglass in the next few days to repair that. I thought while I'm doing fiberglass I would build in some little steps and fiberglass them so I wont have to put bricks in there taking up space. I've still got to finish fixing up one of the other coops. Calgon take me away.. far far away from a bathtub pond.

Back
Top Bottom