MARYLAND THREAD!

I am trying to figure out the laws about keeping chickens in New Windsor , Frederick county , MD.
Most of the info I have found is old or the links do not work .Even the info/links on the county website does not work . I see there are some people here who are local ( Mt Airy , Nevermore Acres ) and hopefully you can help me out with what I need to do to own chickens .

Hi from Anne Arundel county (Pasadena). Just joined after using this site as a reference for a while now. We only keep a few hens living in the suburbs and all and unfortunately just lost the last of our girls to a wiley fox. Does anyone in the area know of anywhere to acquire egg laying hens? We were planning on getting some chicks in the spring (after enhancing our coop security) but I'm not sure I want to wait that long for more fresh eggs! Also if anyone has tips for deterring predators it would be appreciated. We have a covered coop and run area (hawk attacks) and installed wood spikes deep around the perimeter but they were chewed through.

Hi from Anne Arundel county (Pasadena). Just joined after using this site as a reference for a while now. We only keep a few hens living in the suburbs and all and unfortunately just lost the last of our girls to a wiley fox. Does anyone in the area know of anywhere to acquire egg laying hens? We were planning on getting some chicks in the spring (after enhancing our coop security) but I'm not sure I want to wait that long for more fresh eggs! Also if anyone has tips for deterring predators it would be appreciated. We have a covered coop and run area (hawk attacks) and installed wood spikes deep around the perimeter but they were chewed through.
Hardware Cloth!!!!! On the bottom and sides of the run and coop.

I'm with that farm chick on the hardware cloth. We have hardware cloth on all sides and underneath. I do not know where you can get laying hens around here. I am in Severna Park. Try the AA co-op in Glen Burnie. Someone there may have a lead. Also try the Gambrills General Store. They are super nice there. Mine are laying, but we are quite attached to them. The SP Homestead is getting chicks for the first time this spring. Otherwise, we ordered ours from Meyer Hatchery in Ohio. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. LEt me know if you ever want to get together to talk chicken.
D.gif

I'm in anne arundel and may be moving to tennessee in a couple months. If your still looking then you could have my hens and roo. I would hate to not have them but if I move somewhere I can't keep them idk what else to do with them ):

roseyred, Even though I'm happy for you in any plans that you make and wish nothing but the best for both of you, you have to know that I will be disappointed in having a new friend move away, especially one who lives so close to me.

Thanks guys
263a.png
I'll be in touch and I don't think we're going anywhere for a few months. Still gotta get a lot of stuff together. AND I'll be able to send you whatever cool breeds they have there and vise versa

Back
Top Bottom