MARYLAND THREAD!

Sure, I'm in Pittsville.

We have an ideal place to "play chickens", if anyone is up for it. 12 acres, half wooded and lots of room for kids to run and play.

We're rehabbing what we euphemistically call the "cottage" on the property, turning it into a neo-Tuscan themed hideaway. Small, but designed for entertaining, actually.

It was an abandoned horse farm at one time, and we turned part of the stables into a coop with an outdoor run for our 24 birds...seventeen pullets, six bantams and a friendly cockerel.

If anyone is up for a "hen party" (LOL!!) let me know!
I'm in. PM me

Hi y'all! I'm from Howard County, MD. If anyone wants a chickbator 9100, it's up for grabs. I am not skilled enough to use it. Instead, I'm looking to buy a Brinsea mini or Octogon 20. PM me if you got one that you want to sell.

Anyone going to the poultry swap on June 20th?

Whitmore Farms Marans? Wondering if anyone else ordered Marans chicks from Whitmore Farms this year, and if we could compare notes? This is my first time dealing with chicks, and they are adorable! All my previous chickens have been obtained as adults. I ordered 8 for on-farm pick up. They gave me 9. Most are Black copper and one is a blue copper (I think, or maybe just a dilute black). I was hoping for a teensy bit more variety but it looks like they hatched almost all black this week. If you've ordered this year or in the past, I'm wondering what your experience has been. Thanks!

Looking for some natural corn for my flock - does not have to be organic, but DO NOT really want RoundUp Ready - GMO crap....

if you have some or know where I can get some that would be great - looking for about 10lbs
shelled.

Hopefully I will make to the SWAP....

thanks

Last edited:
I have 6 Red Bourbon turkey poults, Asking $10 each. Hatched on 6-4 and all eating and drinking well. I'm in Edgewater right outside of Annapolis, prefer PU but will travel a little ways to deliver. I will also be in the Lietersburg area on June 27th if anyone wants to pick them up that day. I do not have the parents but did purchase the eggs from a farm in Northern Md.

Back
Top Bottom