MARYLAND THREAD!

Hi! Anyone have extra packing peanuts,er, chicks such as EEs or olive eggers or welsummers or polish or amercaunas? or___? I have lost two hens- one to a predator, one to an accident- and now I have a cream leg bar gone completely broody and won't break. So we are looking to borrow 3-6 chicks and grow them out and keep 2 pullets from there. Anyone interested?

/

Last edited:
I was wondering if there's anybody on here in the Glen Burnie / Pasadena area. I'm making a coop, and I don't plan on letting them run free all day, but I was wondering if anybody had issues with hawks or other predators. Mine aren't ready for outside yet, but I was thinking that on warm days, they could go outside at least for a little while, so they can get used to it. But I'm worried about predators, even if it's for 30 minutes at a time. Any input is welcome! :D

im from glen burnie, and i have had a big problem with both hawks, and foxes, the hawks are usually more of a problem in the fall and winter, but i have been using bird netting over my run and its worked well, the foxes usually only bug at night, just dont forget to close the coop.

Looking for a good home for my Roo. He is about 5 months old and just starting to come into his prime. He is a Welsummer and was supposed to be a pullet, but hey, things happen. I would love to keep him, but he is starting to get a little more aggressive, nipping at me and clawing my daughter if she doesn't hold him JUST right. From my reading, perfectly normal rooster personality, and in general he is a great bird. He will come with a No Crow collar should you want it, and it does make a huge difference. If I wasn't headed out for a long while, I would keep him, but asking my wife and 4 year old daughter to deal with a rooster alone is just not something I want to do. He can be handled well enough, just not held like the hens and pullets I have can be, which is hard for a 4 year old to really understand.

If interested, please let me know, I live in Aberdeen, MD he is free. Should he not find a good home soon, I fear he will go the way of the last 8 cockerels I had.

Looking for a good home for my Roo. He is about 5 months old and just starting to come into his prime. He is a Welsummer and was supposed to be a pullet, but hey, things happen. I would love to keep him, but he is starting to get a little more aggressive, nipping at me and clawing my daughter if she doesn't hold him JUST right. From my reading, perfectly normal rooster personality, and in general he is a great bird. He will come with a No Crow collar should you want it, and it does make a huge difference. If I wasn't headed out for a long while, I would keep him, but asking my wife and 4 year old daughter to deal with a rooster alone is just not something I want to do. He can be handled well enough, just not held like the hens and pullets I have can be, which is hard for a 4 year old to really understand. If interested, please let me know, I live in Aberdeen, MD he is free. Should he not find a good home soon, I fear he will go the way of the last 8 cockerels I had.
I'm in aberdeen may be interested. Let me talk to my wife

Just let me know. I know both my wife and especially my daughter will be much happier to know he is going to a home instead of a pot.

Free serama rooster to good home. I live in glen burnie. I will not ship. Pick up only.

Back
Top Bottom