MARYLAND THREAD!

Decent prices? Cause for 15 I can get 50lbs of feed

well I wasn't sure so I called for you: $12.99 for pellets and $12.49 for crumbles. I have no idea what brand or any of the specifics. I'm feeding mine organic non-gmo feed which only comes in 20 lb bags

Last edited:
well I wasn't sure so I called for you: $12.99 for pellets and $12.49 for crumbles. I have no idea what brand or any of the specifics. I'm feeding mine organic non-gmo feed which only comes in 20 lb bags
oh thanks! I'll definitely have to check them out soon! I bought feed from clauss because I was running low, but I'll keep this in mind

Finally got my birds. 3 buff orpingtons, 3 australorps, and one freebie that is either a white rock or a white leghorn I think. The girls are 3 weeks old. First time outside.

I have a chain link fence around most of my property, with wooden fence as the front part, and a dog. Do you think foxes will still try to bother my chickens? I am fearful of hawks as I have a pair that live in the trees near my house, but I plan to supervise their free range time when they aren't in their run..

Foxes usually strike at night, there are of course exceptions to that. But as long as you have a sturdy coop and locke them in every night you should be ok from foxes and coons and such. Hawks, however, are a pain in the behind. They will usually avoid swooping down if you are present, however, i have found it necessary to enclose my chicken run with pigeon netting, that stuff is tough and durable.and doesnt obstruct sunlight. With that, hawks are no longer an issue.

Foxes usually strike at night, there are of course exceptions to that. But as long as you have a sturdy coop and locke them in every night you should be ok from foxes and coons and such. Hawks, however, are a pain in the behind. They will usually avoid swooping down if you are present, however, i have found it necessary to enclose my chicken run with pigeon netting, that stuff is tough and durable.and doesnt obstruct sunlight. With that, hawks are no longer an issue.

I think hawks are my biggest worry, though I will have to try the pigeon netting! As long as they have a covered run, I should be decently okay, yeah?

I think hawks are my biggest worry, though I will have to try the pigeon netting! As long as they have a covered run, I should be decently okay, yeah?

O yeah, the pigeon netting is amazing. The one i used was actually left over from a job i did which involved placing netting under a bridge overpass to prevent pigeons from roosting and pooping on cars. That stuff is very durable, theres no way a hawk breaks thru it. But make sure you get a good net, and not that thin plastic net thats more for keeping small birds out of the garden, that stuff breaks easily.

O yeah, the pigeon netting is amazing. The one i used was actually left over from a job i did which involved placing netting under a bridge overpass to prevent pigeons from roosting and pooping on cars. That stuff is very durable, theres no way a hawk breaks thru it. But make sure you get a good net, and not that thin plastic net thats more for keeping small birds out of the garden, that stuff breaks easily.

Would regular chicken wire work okay too? Or does the pigeon netting work better?

Back
Top Bottom