MARYLAND THREAD!

Hi,i was wondering if any of you were hatching out any Muscovy's?
Preferably blue and white colored,but maybe others.My wife and kids would like to get a few to raise.We live on the Eastern Shore but travel from Annapolis to S Md,and Easton to Salisbury for work.So can pick up from most areas.Thanks for any help.

Just throwing this out there in case anyone is interested! I hatched a handful of wyandottes back in December and ended up with more roosters than pullets. I'm still trying to find new homes for 2 gold laced wyandotte cockerels, they're about 3.5 months old now and turning into handsome little guys. I've been trying to sell them for $15 each, but I'd probably go $10 each for a fellow BYC member. I feel for anything less, I'd rather just put them in the freezer to help support my own family, but I really would rather see them go to a new home then turn into dinner. I live in Garrett County, but if you're somewhere else in the state and interested in them, I could hold them until you can pick up or I will be driving down to Annapolis to visit family Memorial Day weekend and could deliver if you're along the way or meet you somewhere along the way or near Annapolis. I'm mostly just curious if anyone would be interested in them. They really are handsome and they were incubated, hatched and handled on my property, but they're still going through their teenage "don't touch me" phase right now. They've been sparring a little bit with each other, but have showed no signs of aggression towards me in the slightest.

So this is slightly off topic, yet it isn't. I'm considering looking at the western Maryland area, so I can have enough acreage for a small mini-farm/homestead. I see some reasonable listings in Allegany county. Garret county is also pretty. I've camped and hiked at Green Ridge State Park, but I don't know much else about the area. The Cumberland area is beautiful. Any "natives" on this thread live in these areas or have particular thoughts or recommendations? I grew up in the country in southern Missouri, so I'm looking to return to a more rural lifestyle. Plus I can increase my flock, have a bigger garden, etc. Feel free to PM me if you prefer. Thanks!

Hey there! I have 9 chicks that i need to rehome. They are around 2 weeks old now.
Located in Waldorf. Unsure of the sex and breed. My belief is they are buff orps, white rocks, and white orps. They are all friendly but we are sticking to lavender orps. $25;for all. $3 each.

Last edited:
I'm interested. I only need like 4 though. I may take 5. I live in Anne Arundel. Text me if they are still available. 410-303-5588.

So this is slightly off topic, yet it isn't. I'm considering looking at the western Maryland area, so I can have enough acreage for a small mini-farm/homestead. I see some reasonable listings in Allegany county. Garret county is also pretty. I've camped and hiked at Green Ridge State Park, but I don't know much else about the area. The Cumberland area is beautiful. Any "natives" on this thread live in these areas or have particular thoughts or recommendations? I grew up in the country in southern Missouri, so I'm looking to return to a more rural lifestyle. Plus I can increase my flock, have a bigger garden, etc. Feel free to PM me if you prefer. Thanks!

I live in eastern Garrett County. I'll send you a PM!

I have three chicks left from my last hatch of 3/27, Buff Orph rooster over Black Star Hen or Australorp hen. $4 each or all 3 for $10. Straight run. Edgewater outside of Annapolis.

I'm interested. I only need like 4 though. I may take 5. I live in Anne Arundel. Text me if they are still available. 410-303-5588.

I was selling them for a friend. I dont know if she ever messaged you, but i sent her uour number. They are pending pickup as of now.

Back
Top Bottom