Massachusetts anyone?

I'm itching to fill up the incubator and I'm looking to purchase and/or trade hatching eggs but don't want to pay postage or have the Post Office scramble them for me so I figured I'd make a local appeal. I'm in Southampton (in the I-91 corridor of southern MA) and would be willing to drive about an hour for the right eggs.

My eggs: I have standard Blue Andalusians I've been working on (this year will be 3rd gen. of breeding/culling), and also have some nice Sumatras I got last year from a breeder (I've got a couple Sumatra roos I'd give away if someone is interested). I have a pair of Mille Fleur d'Uccles so wouldn't be able to get many eggs from a single pair but could throw some into the mix if desired. I'll post photos if anyone is interested.

I'm mostly interested in improving my Adalusian gene pool, but there are a couple of other breeds I might like to hatch out (Blue-laced red Wyandottes, d'Uccle bantams, Sumatras, others). What's everyone got? Willing to trade? Sell?

hey everybody! nice to know i have so many neighbors!
smile.png
haha sorry I havent replied in so long, I havent been on here in forever, since like September! lol sorry..
hmm.png
thats cool though theres so many people near MA. howdy neighbors!
big_smile.png
haha

Quote:
Hi and welcome! I am from Methuen originally but live in Nottingham NH now. If you go and click on "User List" you can do a search by state. Put in your country, and then your state, hit search. You can also do this for the regular "Search" tab to see what you neighbors are talking about such as an increase in predators, etc. Good Luck, have fun, learn and enjoy your little lizards!

I didn't know you cold do that, that's pretty cool! thanks!
big_smile.png

Hello from Leominster. 5 chickens: 1 RIR, 1Australorp, 1 Barred Plymouth Rock, 1 Auracona, and 1 Pearl White Leghorn.

Woburn here!.... I got my first 6 hens Jan 15th.... 3 Dominiques, Lakenvelder, Silkie and a Buff Orpington. The Orpington was just killed a week ago by a fox!!... I only had time to make a temporary run but still... I thought it was secure. I'm still not even sure how that fox managed to squeeze between the fencing..... and even though I have fixed that flaw I still won't let them out unless I'm outside with them. Looking forward to spring so I can built a real outdoor run..... anyway.... Hello everyone from Mass!!!

Urgently seeking an adoptive family for my gorgeous rooster. I live in northern, central Connecticut, right on the Mass. border and would be willing to meet up (within reason).

43104_2-26-11_coop_construction_9.jpg

Simon is an 8 month old Silver Spangled Hamburg cockerel. He is a beautiful, docile, sweet little guy and it breaks my heart to see him go.

We can't have roosters where we live, so he has to be re-homed and SOON (as the neighbors aren't interested in having their windows open in the spring and hearing him).

I hatched him from mopargal1972's eggs and he was the only SSH roo that hatched. See the thread that documents his little journey from his arrival as an egg here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=367974

Pick-up
or meet-up only. No shipping.

I reserve the right to reject adoption requests if I feel that it is for the wrong reason. He is to be a pet or for breeding only.

Last edited:
he is a beautiful bird - if I didn't already have more roosters than I needed I'd consider it. If you don't get any luck in the regional threads you may want to try the breed page?

Quote:
Thank you for saying that. Gosh, I've never even thought to look for a breed page. I'll do that now! There just aren't that many SSH owners/breeders.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom