1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Massive Fox Attack (about 2 mins ago)

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Toby96, May 22, 2011.

1. Toby96

Toby96 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2009
    Sorry for any bad grammar or structure, writing from my ipod and in a hurry.

In the uk and went to close the coop door about half 9 (when it's dark)
    A fox had beaten me to it.
    Prior to the attack I had 6 ex-batterys, 2 light Sussex, 1 black Sussex and 1 barred rock, the fox took 1 ex battery, I found another dead and took a light sussex (they were only 18 weeks old [​IMG] )
    4 are totally fine.
    A further 3 are injured, 1 struggles to stand and has bite marks on the side, another can stand with bite marks on the side, the third has a small cut in her back.
    I have brought them in to the warm, treated it with Wound-kote, an antiseptic dressing and put them in a warm box as they are in shock. I am a student and can't really afford pet bills.
    Just want to know of any good remedies or things I can do or them.
    Thank you

I will post pictures of the wounds etc some time tomorrow.

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Wound cote and the antiseptic dressing should be enough and I recommend that you keep using them on the wounds as necessary to prevent infection. The wounds will heal in time. They are in shock right now and all you can do is keep them warm, provide them with some scrambled eggs mixed with buttermilk or plain yogurt. Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by