Master Breeder

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by silkielovr, Sep 16, 2009.

1. silkielovr

silkielovr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2009
    Oklahoma
    This may be a real dumb question but what is a Master Breeder and how do they get that title????
    What else can anyone tell me about this?
    Thanks

2. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Is it anything like a Master Gardner? I had to take classes. [​IMG]

3. blackred

blackred Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2007
    Blue Texas
    It is a term that is used by the ABA to honor someone who has 20 Starred wins in a single breed and variety. For instance- 20 starred wins in Black Old English. If you have 20 starred wins but in different breeds and varieties then you are considered a Master Exhibitor.

A Starred Win is when you beat 100 bantams in any class. For instance if there are 100 silkies and you had best of breed then you get a starred win. If there are 100 white silkie pullets and you had the 1st place pullet you get a starred win. In smaller shows only the Champion and Reserve of show get one. You have to be a member of the ABA to get one and a Master breeder can not be attained in less than 5 years.

BOB

1 person likes this.
  4. silkielovr

silkielovr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2009
    Oklahoma
    AWESOME! Thanks for the info.

Something to be proud of for sure!!!

5. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    well ya!!!! i wish i was a master something!!!!!!!!!!

6. muzzles&nuzzles

muzzles&nuzzles Out Of The Brooder

Jun 17, 2009
    MI
    Well, you can be a master of something. You just pick something you love to do so it seems less like work then learn all you can about it. LOL
    Sounds easy. After two degrees I decided I was finished with those. There are just too many things I want to master. Silkies, gardening, critical care nursing etc etc. Just do what you love to do to the best of your abilities and be happy with yourself!

7. SilkieTime

SilkieTime Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Joelton Tn.
    well said.

8. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    bump

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by