mate for eggs

sandovaljose214

Chirping
6 Years
Dec 26, 2013
Hello I need to ask guinea fowl owners a question . I just found out my guinea Is a female . But does It need a male guinea fowl to lay eggs ? Or are guineas just like chickens that dont need a rooster to lay eggs . please help
D.gif

I've always had at least one male, so I can't speak from personal experience, but my understanding is that they're like chickens - she should lay eggs even without a male. Guineas are seasonal layers. though, so even if she's old enough, she probably won't lay until spring/summer.

thanks alot' to the writer'
can any one tell m how does this work/done a hen to lay an egg withought being mated my a male, is sounds a little bit odd,how and how will an egg come out? i' know that chickens lay eggs as the day lenght progress, usually in egg laying chickens in the farm, Ok mybe this might be too long for me# any advise will be app""ted thaks

thanks alot' to the writer'
can any one tell m how does this work/done a hen to lay an egg withought being mated my a male, is sounds a little bit odd,how and how will an egg come out? i' know that chickens lay eggs as the day lenght progress, usually in egg laying chickens in the farm, Ok mybe this might be too long for me# any advise will be app""ted thaks
Egg production is not dependant on fertilization. That is true for all birds. I have had parakeets and finches Guineas Chickens Turkeys Cockatiels.... all produce eggs when they get mature enough.

deb

Back
Top Bottom