1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Maternity Ward

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by nhnanna, Oct 24, 2009.

1. nhnanna

nhnanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    The chicken coop
    Someone from another thread suggested we start a thread called Maturnity Ward so here it is.

We should have a posting called MATURNITY WARD on here so we can post pics of all our other babies LOL I have 8 litters of rabbits right now LOL and as of this moment, Rizzo still hasnt had her babies BUT she is looking like she's getting close. Got her out to check on her and babies have dropped and she is getting grumpy.. scratched the crud outta me!!! OUCH!!!

As soon as they are born.. I will def post pics

Anyone having any kind of litters please post here. With pictures of course.
    I will start.
    This is Mya's new litter that was born yesterday by C-Section.
    They are Siberian Huskies. There are 4 boys & 3 girls. Mya is pictured in my avatar.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  2. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    They are so Cute ! Congradulations (;

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Awwwwwww, so darn cute! Mya's is gorgeous by the way. Congrats!

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I love huskys...2 of my dogs are 1/2 husky.

5. WindDancer

WindDancer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    Farmer City, IL
    Quote:That was me [​IMG] glad y'all liked the idea LOL I'll post some of my bunnies too!

6. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    This thread will have to include a cuteness overload warning!

[​IMG]

7. WindDancer

WindDancer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    Farmer City, IL
    Are you ready for baby overload???? While my Rizzo decided to hold out on me LOL here's photos of other babies we have here in the barn... a total of 30 babies

Below are some of the dutch babies... from just a few days old to a couple weeks old [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The litter above has 3 blue and 2 black and the one below has 3 blue and 1 black
    [​IMG]
    The litter below has 3 blacks unfortunately, we lost one [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next are the Mini Satins, we have 2 litters of those right now... One litter has 3 and the other litter has 6
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next are Polish babies -- We have 2 litters... One has 3 and the other had 4
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then we have the Californian babies... there's 6 all together [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and Rizzo is due TODAY!!! I'm still waiting on her [​IMG] but here's a pic of her... see how BIG she is??? How many could she have in there LOL
    [​IMG]
    When I got her last month, pre-pregnancy weight was 11 lbs. I weighed her yesterday... she's 13 lbs 4oz!!!!!

So that's what we got going on here at Cherokee Flats!!!

8. nhnanna

nhnanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    The chicken coop
    Awesome!!!
    Keep those babies coming.
    There is nothing like babies to brighten up a miserable day. It is pouring here and very dismal weather.

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwww [​IMG]

10. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    Those bunnies are cuteness overload [​IMG]
    I'd say Rizzo will have 8 babies and what I'd like to know is what are you going to do with all those bunnies? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by