Maverick- the saddleback Pomeranian goose! šŸ˜

Feb 17, 2021
Somewhere down in Texas
I lost one of my gosling last weekend and have been looking for a replacement. This morning I found a Craigslist add about 2 1/2 month old geese. They were HUGE compared to what I thought they would be. I asked about them and she had 4 available. They were saddleback Pomeranians, and they are soooo pretty! She was selling because they were pet quality, but I donā€™t plan to breed, so I donā€™t care. We took a 2ish hour drive there and back. The whole way home this is what Maverick did. šŸ˜‚ He loved when the window was half down and he could feel the breeze!
FF03C106-DF3D-4926-AC2C-05C79D5BE2DF.jpeg
We got home and set him up a pen with poultry fencing and put a coop in there. I had to show him the coop, because he didnā€™t have a coop at his old home. He happily drank lots of water and a bit of food then went out to forage and sit in the shade. I feel so bad for him because heā€™s so lonely, but he has to be quarantined. Heā€™s so stunning and beautiful! I just love the pattern and colors and LOVE him!
31A714DA-F86D-4B9E-8F14-70CFF3E46E2E.jpeg
I hope you enjoy this and I will post pictures of Maverick 1-2 times a week as he gets older.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how long to quarantine him? I was reading 1-3 weeks a lot, but then some websites said 4-5 weeks, so Iā€™m so confused. Thanks for any help! :)

Hereā€™s another cute picture of Maverick!
25A025A2-111D-493C-BE49-9F1DB3607E13.jpeg

I lost one of my gosling last weekend and have been looking for a replacement. This morning I found a Craigslist add about 2 1/2 month old geese. They were HUGE compared to what I thought they would be. I asked about them and she had 4 available. They were saddleback Pomeranians, and they are soooo pretty! She was selling because they were pet quality, but I donā€™t plan to breed, so I donā€™t care. We took a 2ish hour drive there and back. The whole way home this is what Maverick did. šŸ˜‚ He loved when the window was half down and he could feel the breeze!
View attachment 2732473
We got home and set him up a pen with poultry fencing and put a coop in there. I had to show him the coop, because he didnā€™t have a coop at his old home. He happily drank lots of water and a bit of food then went out to forage and sit in the shade. I feel so bad for him because heā€™s so lonely, but he has to be quarantined. Heā€™s so stunning and beautiful! I just love the pattern and colors and LOVE him!
View attachment 2732474
I hope you enjoy this and I will post pictures of Maverick 1-2 times a week as he gets older.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how long to quarantine him? I was reading 1-3 weeks a lot, but then some websites said 4-5 weeks, so Iā€™m so confused. Thanks for any help! :)

Hereā€™s another cute picture of Maverick!
View attachment 2732478
He's precious, my sis and I have one too, he's more buffy in color! But otherwise looks exactly the same! But he's the meanest son of a gun, seriously, I can't even feed him without him trying to jump the fence at me, plus, he's attacked our roosters a couple of times, pulled some feathers, and tried to break up a rooster fight. He also pushed one's head through the kennel bars trying to break up a bloody cockfight. Plus we raised him as a gosling, but our aunt, who gave him to us as an Easter present.
Iā€™ll post pictures of our other gosling that we renamed Goose too!

This is Goose with my Japanese bantam chick View attachment 2732479
SO CUTE! Where do you get all these awesome chicken/chick breeds?!

He's precious, my sis and I have one too, he's more buffy in color! But otherwise looks exactly the same! But he's the meanest son of a gun, seriously, I can't even feed him without him trying to jump the fence at me, plus, he's attacked our roosters a couple of times, pulled some feathers, and tried to break up a rooster fight. He also pushed one's head through the kennel bars trying to break up a bloody cockfight. Plus we raised him as a gosling, but our aunt, who gave him to us as an Easter present.

SO CUTE! Where do you get all these awesome chicken/chick breeds?!
What type of goose is the gosling? :)

Back
Top Bottom