May be getting 4 more hens! What should I get?

What should I get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If it were me, under the same circumstances, I'd go with the Pekins.

You already have 4 Silkies, so I ruled them out right away.

I personally would never choose Polish, I just don't like them, so I guess there is some bias there. If you like Polish, I suppose there's no reason not to get them... I just wouldn't, personally. :p

Legbars are large fowl and you seemed to indicate you'd rather stick to bantams? If not, then they'd be my second choice just for egg color variety. They might not fit in well with a bunch of bantams, though. It really depends on their personalities and that's hard to judge until they're here and there's a problem.

You're already getting d'Uccles and Sablepoots are basically just beardless d'Uccles, so they kinda seem redundant to me.

You're getting the d'Uccles to go along with your lone d'Uccle and you have a lone Pekin as well, so it just makes the most sense to me to get more Pekins. They also have some gorgeous varieties of Pekin, so that helps, too. 😍

That's just my two cents, though. I don't think you could go wrong regardless of what you choose. 😊

If it were me, under the same circumstances, I'd go with the Pekins.

You already have 4 Silkies, so I ruled them out right away.

I personally would never choose Polish, I just don't like them, so I guess there is some bias there. If you like Polish, I suppose there's no reason not to get them... I just wouldn't, personally. :p

Legbars are large fowl and you seemed to indicate you'd rather stick to bantams? If not, then they'd be my second choice just for egg color variety. They might not fit in well with a bunch of bantams, though. It really depends on their personalities and that's hard to judge until they're here and there's a problem.

You're already getting d'Uccles and Sablepoots are basically just beardless d'Uccles, so they kinda seem redundant to me.

You're getting the d'Uccles to go along with your lone d'Uccle and you have a lone Pekin as well, so it just makes the most sense to me to get more Pekins. They also have some gorgeous varieties of Pekin, so that helps, too. 😍

That's just my two cents, though. I don't think you could go wrong regardless of what you choose. 😊
I voted Sablepoot because the place Pippin wants to get them only has porcelain Sablepoots and not D'uccles

Back
Top Bottom