May be some insight?

Katydidd33

Chirping
May 22, 2019
Gasport,New York
I’m pretty sure my egg is on day 20. And I saw it move inside the incubator and flex the shell too. I swear. I had to double take so... I candled the egg gently
(I know ..I know, your not supposed to but just had a feeling to check!)
So I haven’t seen any movement at all in the egg this am while candling....I’m pretty nervous it’s not viable anymore. Suggestions?

Attachments

• CB51F63E-79C1-4803-8089-3F310CD3EC98.jpeg
    CB51F63E-79C1-4803-8089-3F310CD3EC98.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 7
Can you hold you flashlight the other way and candle on the egg downward where the air cell is?

Like this (this is not my pic I went and found one)
unnamed.jpg

I cannot really see much when it is candled from the bottom especially when its towards the end, but if you saw the egg move I would assume it is viable.

I’m pretty sure my egg is on day 20. And I saw it move inside the incubator and flex the shell too. I swear. I had to double take so... I candled the egg gently
(I know ..I know, your not supposed to but just had a feeling to check!)
So I haven’t seen any movement at all in the egg this am while candling....I’m pretty nervous it’s not viable anymore. Suggestions?
Probably, but like FC said we need a better pic.

Good new guys! Someone was playing tricks on me. When candling there was enough light to see movement. I saw NONE LOL. I would walk away and heard the egg bounce around! I was freaking out! 😆. Checked periodically, and this trickster pipped right though and chirping.i see the beak time to time sneak out. Patiently waiting for zipping. I’ll announce when this little tike arrives. Thinking of naming it leo because of August....or a name for its personality already haha. Thank you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 2
Can you hold you flashlight the other way and candle on the egg downward where the air cell is?

Like this (this is not my pic I went and found one)
View attachment 2279991

I cannot really see much when it is candled from the bottom especially when its towards the end, but if you saw the egg move I would assume it is viable.
It was complete dark the other way my gosh those are beautiful pictures!

Good new guys! Someone was playing tricks on me. When candling there was enough light to see movement. I saw NONE LOL. I would walk away and heard the egg bounce around! I was freaking out! 😆. Checked periodically, and this trickster pipped right though and chirping.i see the beak time to time sneak out. Patiently waiting for zipping. I’ll announce when this little tike arrives. Thinking of naming it leo because of August....or a name for its personality already haha. Thank you!
Oh, it pipped the pointy end? It's malpositioned. It should be able to hatch on it's own anyway though. Give it 48 hours before worrying though, since this pip is also the internal pip.

That explains the no sight of movement. Hopefully it will turn itself about. My last did the same thing and she hatched 18 hours :) I’ll update! Fingers crossed 🤞🏼

Is this the only egg you incubated? If so and the chick hatches and is healthy you might want to buy it a couple of very young chicks and raise them together.

Is this the only egg you incubated? If so and the chick hatches and is healthy you might want to buy it a couple of very young chicks and raise them together.
No I just hatched one on Tuesday , was patiently waiting for this one to hatch so they have eachother. For now she gets extra snuggles and I put a mirror in the brooder. I feel so bad for this one and I would feel devastated if it passed. It’s peeping but I see a little blood

Back
Top Bottom