MAY HATCH-A-LONG come join in

Quote:
Yes, try & chill! Actually, I heard worse than that from others who still had hatches. So, hang in there! The egg is an amazing thing.

lol well i was only calling for the ruined items in my fridge, i know they aren't liable for the eggs. PG & E and myself aren't on the best of terms for a few reasons
i wont get into on here lol

31 out of 42 fertile and due may 18.. doing the dry hatch method,, humidity staying between 42 and 45 without added water. Here's hoping this 4th hatch is a better one. New things to learn all the time.

Quote:
UPDATE: I now have 8 out of 11 RIR, 3 out of 5 Welsummers.
I think I'm having a good hatch.
thumbsup.gif
:
celebrate.gif
wee.gif

my new babies
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/44571_new_babies_00000.jpg

Great pic. They're adorable. I can even pick out the Wellsummers from the group. Have fun!

Quote:
Yes, try & chill! Actually, I heard worse than that from others who still had hatches. So, hang in there! The egg is an amazing thing.

lol well i was only calling for the ruined items in my fridge, i know they aren't liable for the eggs. PG & E and myself aren't on the best of terms for a few reasons
i wont get into on here lol

Hope the incubator is still fired up! Hope you get to see some movement when you candle next time & just keep incubating, in spite of the ole' PG & E. Happy hatching!

Quote:
That's good info. Can you post the thread? I'm at about 2,000ft and think that keeping my humidity at 65-70 last hatch was one reason I only got 12/19 eggs. I have 28 in the bator now at day 7 so... I'd like to try that out.

Quote:
That's good info. Can you post the thread? I'm at about 2,000ft and think that keeping my humidity at 65-70 last hatch was one reason I only got 12/19 eggs. I have 28 in the bator now at day 7 so... I'd like to try that out.

This is a must read. It's really long, but worth the time: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=113681
FYI
if you need it again it's a sticky under Incubating & Hatching (humidity discussion)

Three pips and one hatch!!
wee.gif

The first hatch is a White Crested Black Polish X Easter Egger, and is solid black. Not a speck of white on it.

Can't wait until my Tolbunt Polish pop out!!!
celebrate.gif
- One has pipped, but I have all day to wait.
pop.gif
\\

Pics coming when my batteries recharge.

Congratulations and good luck to all in the May Hatch-A-Long. I am so happy as I had the best hatch ever this time - 11 of 14 eggs!
yippiechickie.gif
I wish you all as good a hatch rate as mine was!

Last edited:
As of 4:30pm today it is 21 days!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! (sorry, LOL) this is the first hatch and waiting (impatiently) on 4 little BRs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom