May hatch along :)

I googled it. Looks like a d'uccle to me

Sablepoots are another name for Booted bantams (much more commonly referred to as Booteds). They are similar to D'Uccles, but are not bearded.
smile.png

Sablepoots are another name for Booted bantams (much more commonly referred to as Booteds). They are similar to D'Uccles, but are not bearded.
smile.png
I am glad to know that. I have chickens that look like d'uccles, but the rooster is mixed and the hens are overly white and non bearded. I think I may have sablepoots!

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I'm new on backyard chickens but not so new to hatching and raising chickens and ducks! I have two incubators running right now, my own homemade styrofoam cooler incubator has 9 developing EEs that are on day 18! Ahh I'm so excited! My other incubator is a little giant still air incubator on day 13 with 16 pure amerucana eggs that were shipped so we have some saddle shaped air cells but they are developing wonderfully! I can't wait to see the colors I get from both hatches! Also good luck to everyone else hatching some cuties out!

I set Olive Eggers on the weekend too! 19 of them. More than I need. Good luck with your hatch!
Awesome, I won't need 13 Olive Eggers, but I'll keep any pullets I get.

Thanks! My last hatch the bator was full(42 eggs) and it did amazing. But with less eggs the temperature hasn't been doing so good.
I am glad to know that. I have chickens that look like d'uccles, but the rooster is mixed and the hens are overly white and non bearded. I think I may have sablepoots!

They are beautiful
love.gif

Hi everyone! I'm new on backyard chickens but not so new to hatching and raising chickens and ducks! I have two incubators running right now, my own homemade styrofoam cooler incubator has 9 developing EEs that are on day 18! Ahh I'm so excited! My other incubator is a little giant still air incubator on day 13 with 16 pure amerucana eggs that were shipped so we have some saddle shaped air cells but they are developing wonderfully! I can't wait to see the colors I get from both hatches! Also good luck to everyone else hatching some cuties out!
welcome-byc.gif
That sounds like fun! Tons of colored eggs in your 'bators.

They're quite pretty!!

Awesome, I won't need 13 Olive Eggers, but I'll keep any pullets I get.

Thanks! My last hatch the bator was full(42 eggs) and it did amazing. But with less eggs the temperature hasn't been doing so good.

My incubator is full too. Around 50 eggs. OEs, BCM, Ameraucanas, and Bantam EEs!

My eggs should hatch from my broody hen tomorrow or today! I have read many places that if they are small sized bantams they will sometimes take less time to hatch. Does anyone know if that is true?
I put a large dog carrier in my coop and put my broody in there today because it was easier for her and me for her to be out with the others up until when they hatch. And the other chickens never messed with her. Found out how large a dog carrier is and how small my coop is ;) but I made it fit!

I am so excited!

Back
Top Bottom