Maybe have a sick chick...please help!

new@chickens6

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 29, 2011
Hi Im totally new to chicks/chicken raising. My husband and I bought them for our kids. Really for me, I wanted fresh eggs. We bought 3 black pulletts, and 3 yellow. The black are definatly female. The others are a mixed bag, as the women who sold them to me said. Okay so here is my question.

One of my little yellow chicks has poop stuck to its bottom. I've read diffrent things, so say to leave it, others say to clean it. HELP not sure what's best for my chick, don't want 1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? no chickens, just chicks for the first time we have 6.

(3) What breeds do you have? not really sure sign said Pullets

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? researching chicks/chickens

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Being a Mom

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have 2 kids, our daughter is 4, and our son just turned 11 months yesterday. We also have a dog. I only work one day a week, I'm and optician, I sell, and fix eyewear.

Last edited:
Sounds like a pasty butt, sometimes if you dont clean it they cant poop and they'll die. You could soak thier little hineys in some warm water and wipe it off. I wouldnt pull it off ouch!

Thank You. Totally going to go home and give it a bum bath.
jumpy.gif
Won't pull.

Totally will dry "him" off. We call it a him...right now name is Conrad. We shall see if that changes as they get bigger. Thanks so much for the help!

Back
Top Bottom