maybe skinny chicks

they are beautiful and look healthy enough
yippiechickie.gif

I'm going to need to update pics they are going through a growth spurt no the broodies are off the nest and they are all foraging bugs and greens and such outside of the coop with the big kids. they still can all 3 fit in my palm with room. lol so much for a growth spurt.
I sure hope they don't go over 15 oz.
lau.gif

Hi again . One of the chicks that are the subject of this thread is bothering me some and I wanted to get some opinions this is most likely a cockerel as the comb is bigger and brighter than the one that I think is a pullet, and I have always suspected it from the start others agree. this guy has become a bit lethargic over the last 2 days . eats but not aggressively follows mom and auntie around and peeps clearly no discharges or wet vent just a little slow and never seems to have a full crop. not losing weight that I can tell.
I am tempted to bring him in for a couple of days give him heat and antibiotics and nurse him to strength again. I on the other hand want birds that are hardy and don't want to have to worry about the weaklings making it. I actually went out an pulled him last night but he was so warm under mom I left him there.
These kids are going on 6 weeks I think and developing well, he's got a mottled feathering on his head fully feathered wings a strip of down on his breast and a downy face, just like his mom had when she was his age.so I think his development is on good timing. I would like him to survive to reproduce because he looks like he is going to be a small bird, far smaller than his dad. It looks like I also have a brother in the brood.
Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom