McMuray Rare chick Bantam???

Saltiena

Songster
12 Years
Mar 30, 2007
Peach Bottom
i ordered my chicks from mcmurray, and was wondering, has anyone gotten a BANTAM free rare chick???? i thought that it eould stand out since it would be a standerd, but it is the same size- are there any other chickens that have black skin like silkys???? b/c i have 4 silkies, but my free rare chick also has black skin, but it kind of has the markings of a partradge??? is there such a thing as a partradge silky? if anyone has any information pleasse tell me! but the chick has a tuft on his head, not quite as large as the other silkys, but you can easily set him apart from the rest? can you help me???
hmm.png

Last edited:
could it possibly be just another silkie w/ odd markings that they acidentaly pust in, i did have 3 extra!-btw we lost two
sad.png
my baby, her name was tiny and she would scream bloody murder untill i would pic her up or make eye contact, she was so sweet i loved her so much and miss her too
sad.png
but back to the topic is there even such a thjing as a partradge silky??????

Partridge Silkies, yes... but MM only has blue, white, black and buff Silkies... Maybe it's a splash Silkie, or a Buff. Black skin definitely means Silkie. There's one other breed that has black skin (can't remember the name) but it's so rare and you won't find it at a hatchery.

Maybe it's not technically 'rare', but since you ordered banties (I'm assuming all Silkies), they stuck one in to appease rather than given you something completely different then your order. Perhaps it's just rare in the fact that it's a different colour than your others. I really don't know, though--I have no experience with McMurray. Just a guess
smile.png

I ordered buff Japanese Bantams and Murray threw in a white black tailed Japanese bantam. (It was not our free rare that was a Silver Spangled Hamburg) I called and they said woops our mistake, enjoy it, and I have (he is so cool!). So that could be all it is, a mistake on their part. I love happy accidents!

Wish I could help! I'm trying to figure out which of mine is the 'rare' as well. Some stand out in my group from McMurray. One I have no clue on is a fluffy most beautiful silver color with furry legs. Can't find a picture anywhere of a chick that looks like it.

Course they also put in a crested polish, probably black. But I don't know what is considered "rare".

Looking forward to seeing how your chicks develop!

Susan
www.monsterpuppy.com/susan/images/index4.htm (new chicks!)

Back
Top Bottom