mcmurray eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gobblecluck, Jun 23, 2010.

1. gobblecluck

gobblecluck Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2010
    talladega, alabama
    has anyone on here ordered any hatching eggs from mcmurray hatchery. i would like to order some turkey eggs and woulg like to know if the eggs you bought hatched very well. i dont care if you ordered chicken turkey or duck eggs or whatever i just am wondering about the hatch rate. i have heard that it is better to just order poults or chicks but i like to take the cheapest way out.

2. pkw

pkw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2010
    North Edwards, CA
    I haven't ever ordered eggs from them. I have been ordering shipped eggs from both here on byc and also from ebay trying to get the colors or breeds that I can't get otherwise. My hatch rates hasn't been all that great this year. I use McMurray hatchery to buy my live chicks from though. I haven't had a problem with them. My chicks has been pretty healthy that I have got from them.

3. Lotsapaints

Lotsapaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    Paso Robles, CA
    The cheapest way is to buy poults hatching shipped eggs is not always successful

4. chicnfarmer

chicnfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2010
    agreed-you are better off ordering chicks.

5. kipper

kipper Chillin' With My Peeps

Ditto. You will get more for your money with shipped chicks if you want them from a hatchery.

I like to buy my eggs locally and pick them up to reduce the damage shipping can cause. the quality of chick will usually be better if you shop carefully.

6. Ms~Silkie~Girl

Ms~Silkie~Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    New York STATE
    I have never ordered eggs from them, but i ordered chicks. I would say that the eggs would come not cracked, and the hatch rate would be good, Mcmurray Hatchery is very experienced, and know what they are doing, i have never had a problem with them. It would be more fun to hatch them yourself, but having chicks is lots of fun too!

7. pkw

pkw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2010
    North Edwards, CA
    I have spent lots of money on shipped eggs and only got 3 chicks out of them so far.

8. caral07

caral07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2010
    Ruston Louisiana
    I have I hatched 30 for 30 I was very pleased and I even got a few more than I ordered.

9. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

One thing to remember is the time of year, eggs don't ship well in the heat.

Steve

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by