McMurray & packing peanuts.....

kryptoniteqhs

Rosecomb Rich
12 Years
Nov 14, 2008
Norco, CA
if i only want 10 chicks and want the other required 15 to be packing peanuts....how do i do that? as in how do i get the packing peanuts on there?

You don't.
big_smile.png
A packing peanut is a chick you didn't order but the hatchery thought yours needed to stay warm. It's up to them how many and what kind get put in there.
smile.png
This time of year ordering 10 chicks will pretty definitely get you some packing peanuts, but no guarantee of getting exactly 15.

Check out Ideal. They have a minimum $$ order but not a minimum chick order. I think the minimum is $20 and if you want 10 chicks at about $2. each, you should be fine.
big_smile.png
You'll get some packing peanuts, too.

Ideal has updated their minimum to:

The minimum dollar value for an order is $25.00 in poultry, excluding male only chick orders.

There is no minimum number of chicks you can order as long as your total order of poultry is $25.00, not including shipping and handling.

Not bad, you can pick the breeds & sex. A lot of the large fowl egg laying breeds are $2.14 - 2.24. So 10-12 chicks will be enough. I had them ship a small replacement order of only 6 chicks in Fall. They added enough packing peanuts to make 14 total chicks in the box.

Their shipping is $7.00 + $1.00 per breed or sex (small box fee) + 15 cents per chick. Again, not bad.​

Back
Top Bottom