McMurray Polish Experience Anyone?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by DesertChick324, Jul 14, 2010.

1. DesertChick324

DesertChick324 Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2010
    Palomino Valley/Reno, NV
    Has anyone gotten Polish chicks from Murray McMurray and if so what has been your experience?

2. flowerchild59

flowerchild59 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Southern IL
    I have received several thru the years when I ordered an assortment. They are always one of my favorite birds so I don't know why I don't purposefully order more.

3. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    8 years ago I ordered 25 Golden Laced and got 4 SQ birds, I was very pleased. They had excellent lacing, gorgeous birds, show winners. Lost them to Hurricane Isabel. [​IMG]

4. KingSpeck

KingSpeck Out Of The Brooder

Nov 10, 2009
    Last summer we ordered a buff laced pullet and a white crested black pullet along with various other girls. Our WCB is great and beautiful and lays well. Stretch, the buff laced, while beautiful, was a little off? from day one. We called her our special needs chicken. She drank and ate but was never very with it and never really put on much weight. She never laid an egg and died a few months ago. All our other chickens we ordered from Mcmurray are healthy and thriving. Other than little Stretch all of our experiences with Mcmurray have been great.

5. Lbrad7

Lbrad7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    I have ordered them through the years and received a few as the "rare exotic chick" and I have loved everyone of them. They have all been calm birds decent layers and HUGE conversation starters for when friends stop by. McMurray has always been great to me you can't go wrong with them.

6. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I got my first Polish 5 years ago from Mc Murray.I ordered 4 hen's and 2 roo's Golden but wound up half and half lol.But They were awesome bird's.Minus one roo that was Extremely aggressive.But I later got some other Color polish from hatching egg's etc.They are great bird's.The hen's don't brood but Elvis my old long time Roo was Huge and everyone loved him.The hen's lay a fair size white egg for eating if you are just looking for egg's.

7. johnnyrebel

johnnyrebel New Egg

Jun 14, 2010
    sturtevant
    last year i ordered 5 bantams from mcmurry and i got 4 standard size roosters and 1 bantam hen . not sure what they did there ???? but i did get my money back . i bshowed i rooster and the bantam hem got 2nd place with both . they had too much black in the white tops the judge said .

8. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    I have 1 Buff Laced pullet that I ordered from MMcM this year and I'm very happy with how she's maturing thus far. At first it looked like her lacing was going to be more of a mottling, but she's really filled out and is beginning to look nice. Is she SQ, I don't know. [​IMG] I would post some pictures of her but I can't keep her clean enough to do ANYTHING, let alone show her off to the masses. She likes to take a bath in the watermelon we leave out for the birds, then go dust bathe. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by